Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC300-6 Throttle Issue

Jharp ยท 2019-09-03 17:46

Just finished replacing wiring harness and started where an employee who walked off left it off. I thought the machine might end up being junk but I have finally gotten the machine to atleast start and all hydraulics working. Problem is the throttle does not do anything at all. Also the shut off is not working, anything to do with those two have had to be done manually at the fuel pump. I had zero voltage going into the computer for the 24 volt potentiometer and have jumped that wire with 24 volts from the key switch. The throttle dial is not changing outgoing voltage and the resistance on it is very low.

Replies9
  1. #1John C.2019-09-03 21:10

    Engine controls don't work without a computer. What potentiometer did you jump to? Need a serial number and some idea of what was going on when the problems started. Do you have a book and a wiring diagram?

  2. #2Jharp2019-09-07 22:12

    Hi John figured out mostly what was going on. Went through the manual and and got everything I needed at the computer and it is pretty close to working. Got rid of jumped wire as well. Machine is almost operational. Only problem is everything works except fuel shutoff plunger on the governer motor. I have taken it off temporarily. The arm that controls the throttle on the injection pump is working correctly the problem is with the fuel shutoff plunger. When I start machine it starts and immediately shuts off. The plunger momentarily goes to run position when starter is engaged then returns back to cutoff position. Haven't seen much about the operation of the governer motor in the manual unfortunately. Serial number is A80247. Have user code E02 right now as well. Went through the trouble shooting for E2 not sure if this is related tested all pins it calls for all of them checkout and it is saying computer needs to be replaced. I'm not sure how much I trust that yet. --Sidenote the machine was doing this originally before any of the wiring harness work started. Upon inspection of the machine during troubleshooting of governer motor it was found that a very large portion of the wiring harness was completely smoked.

  3. #3John C.2019-09-08 01:18

    Does this machine have a Cummins engine in it? I don't recall the Komatsu engine having a separate shutoff solenoid. The EO2 code is an alert code that something is wrong. You need to go into service mode to pull the active codes. Do you know how to get into service mode. I have a video that shows it.

  4. #4Jharp2019-09-08 13:41

    The machine has the 8.3 Cummins in it. I do not know how to clear codes or get into service mode. Where can I find your video?

  5. #5John C.2019-09-08 14:13

    Here is the video for the monitor panel and how to get to the service menu. I remember going through your problem with the shutoff but I don't remember the fix. Only of few of those in my territory when I was working on them regular and the engine control is set up different from the machines with the Komatsu engines. Do you have an electrical schematic?

  6. #6Jharp2019-09-08 15:11

    I do have the manual and the foldouts with the electrical schematics. They have helped tremendously but there are three foldouts. Part 1/3, 2/3, 3/3. One of those is not in the manual and three Komatsu dealers have said they do not exist. One other weird thing is that my computer isn't making the beep noise when the key is first turned on. I can't get the main solenoid to engage and have had to run a wire from the keyswitch to make that work. Some of my issues are probably related to that but I can't figure that part out yet. Machine could be operational in a pinch. A few weeks ago there was talk of just sending it to auction so things are much better. We need it next week and may have to be a bit rigged to get the job done. Although I would like to have it set up as original it has alot of hours and more wires running through it that Komatsu didn't put in than I'd like to admit which makes things harder.

  7. #7Jharp2019-09-08 15:12

    Did you make that video? I pulled up on youtube before I saw your post can't wait to get to the machine and try it out.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2019-09-08 15:29

    John.. is that U doing the tutorial.?? IF SO, dam fine job.!!

  9. #9John C.2019-09-08 18:09

    Thanks for the compliments. Here is my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZtvgWG-EtmGZhvtMeBMEQ I've been doing these little programs for years.