Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC300-7 question about purchasing a used one

waylandexcavating1 ยท 2023-12-10 06:48

I didnt realize this forum was still rockin and rollin, glad to see. Anyhoo- We have a some larger projects coming up this year and I was looking into trading in my Cat 321D for a standard swing 324 or 325 sized machine. However, Ive stumbled into a chance to buy a PC300-7 with 8000 hrs. Owner operated the whole time, part time guy (hes a union guy that does side stuff mostly golf course work) I dont know anything about Komatsu, I just know that after changing the alternator on my 321, Im done with compact turn bigger machines. Guy wants 35-40k, hes ready to retire. No frills on this machine, no coupler, thumb or aux / hammer hydraulics. Just needs a bath and a paint job. But I would keep the 321 (now that its pushing 28 volts again) and that machine has all the goodies. whats your opinon on the PC300-7

Replies1
  1. #163 caveman2023-12-10 07:38

    I maintain a shear for a scrap yard that is on a PC300-7. That machine has 27,000 hours on it and has not had any major component failure. Not like they baby it so i would say a rugged piece.