Recently I acquired a used 35 unsure of year or hours (it is a zero tail swing machine). I purchased it and took it straight to a job site, on the job it performed as expected; the only problem was one of the travel levers would stick in the operational position. Get the machine back to the barn, remove the mat, control levers, rocker assembly, and valve body directly underneath. Inspected all parts cleaned and replaced per the shop manual. When I went to use the machine it now only runs the R track in reverse at 100%, R forward is 0% and L track is 10% either direction. When operated together the L track functions normally, and the right still does nothing in the forward position. This makes the machine essentially unusable. All other functions with as the should. As a side note When holding the R track forward if you bump the AUX valve it will bump the track maybe 1/2 an inch forward. I'm at a loss here guys any help would be appreciated. I have ordered a set of hydraulic test gauges but they won't be in for a week. Also this is my first post, I tried to find my answers in other threads without luck. Hope this is the right place.
Sound like you got something in backwards or something stuck. Probably going to have to take it apart again.
Thank you for your reply John, I took photos of the whole thing before I started disassembly. I know without a doubt that it is back in the exact orientation as before. I have even swapped the lines to run incorrectly and I get the same result.
I'm afraid my problem is with a valve in the main control bank. Just don't know how to approach that.
Did you by any chance have to raise the cab to get access to the valves? Maybe the cab sat back down on the pilot hoses? You can plumb a gauge into either pilot line going to right side travel and observe if the gauge moves or not when you move the lever.
Yes, I have the cab tilted up. Unfortunately I have the machine blocked up off the ground, after every adjustment I have tested it in the air with the cab up. Great suggestion though! Thank you.
***also I have ordered gauges but they have not arrived yet.
Pilot system runs between 400 and 500 PSI. I usually use 6,000 PSI gauges when checking the implements, swing and travel on the small to mid sized machines.
Thank you I will update everyone once something happens.