New to me... 2004 BC 334G and have an AC issue. When owner painted and added decals they didn't have the #4 so he just put the 1 It is a 334. When previous owner added some refrigerant a hose blew while standing there. It still blows cold but need to fix the leak. Does system need to be evacuated before installing new hose? Does it depend on which hose....high pressure vs low? Leak is on line with stick touching it. Thanks for any help
Your in for a fun time. Yes it will need to be evacuated. Or you can just simply let it fly. ( I didn't tell you to do that though. ) that line looks like it goes to the evaporator. When replacing that line I would change the desiccant dryer it's attached to in the picture. And if I'm right about it going to the evaporator then that is a good time to blow it out and clean it. Your expansion valve is probably mounted on the other end of that line. I would change that also.
Thanks for your knowledge and help sir.
Same 334 BC. I was changing the filters, fluids and greasing all the zerks as I do on any new machine. I had just finished the three zerks on the cab front and noticed a zero on the slewing ring. The manual didn't show this grease point. Looking closer at the ring it says "ROBALO". Does this mean it's aftermarket? Also does it mean my turntable zerk may be disconnected under can? Thanks for any knowledge.
It's been a few weeks and AC is still blowing cold. I have no way to haul it. I have tried finding a mobile AC guy to look at it with no luck. Anyway, Symptoms are, Blows nice and cold with AC button off and just the fan on and temp dial on cold. If I actuate compressor button I can tell the motor goes under a load. So switch does actuate compressor. It just doesn't have to be turned on.... I did try to turn temp dial to hot and ran for 5 minutes...and it never warmed up...just kept blowing cold. Any ideas??? Thanks