Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc360 pins

steve waldner · 2020-06-24 00:02

Ok pc360 excavator , got some wore out pins and bushings , already replaced some last year with aftermarket , they already seam wore out quite a bit , using good grease , is the factory bushings better or what do u guys think . Need to do a bunch , and in the past I have done whole machines with aftermarket , not sure they lasted as long as factory , never installed factory , just comparing a newer lower hr machine to a rebushinged with aftermarket , they are tight at first but 200-300 hrs later they start to show. What do u professionals think? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2020-06-24 00:34

    The materials and hardening in the factory stuff are matched. Keep them greased and they seem to last forever. Let them run dry once and they will gall and ball up metal on both the pin and bushing. They are expensive. You have to weigh out how long you are going to keep the machine and how much you are going to use it to justify how much money you are going to put into it.

  2. #2steve waldner2020-06-24 08:24

    How much better are factory pin/bushings vs aftermarket ,

  3. #3John C.2020-06-24 14:11

    I've never used aftermarket or custom made pins and bushings in a Komatsu application. Quality of other than original parts will vary on materials used plus fit and finish.

  4. #4steve waldner2020-06-24 23:49

    Ok , I’m going with factory this time , keeping the machine around , probably for a while. Another ? , shims , can I laser cut me shims , or are they made of something special ? Thanks John , appreciate all your advice , u seam to forgotten more than I know , respect