Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

left travel motor low power

Kevin Cohrs ยท 2020-06-24 23:00

Volvo EC460B has had an issue with the travel motors for quite a while now. The right side will turn the machine while its sitting. The left one you can see tries a little both forwards and backwards but definitely has much less power. I did learn by accident if I try any of the digging functions while trying to drive it seems to give the travel motor full power then. If I raise the boom or curl the bucket while driving then the machine drives straight instead of gradually turning to the left. Seems like to me some valve is leaking or bypassing possibly? I don't believe the travel motor itself is weak. Looking for ideas! Appreciate the help as always

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2020-06-24 23:48

    You've got a lazy pump (bad sensor, out of calibrate, sticking solenoid, or...) When travel only is used, one pump goes to each track. When any other function is activated, both tracks switch from a pump each to one pump to both tracks. Not a volvo expert, but, they'll be along soon.

  2. #2Kevin Cohrs2020-06-25 00:00

    Something definitely could be sticking. Ive also noticed sometimes when I try to retract the stick it moves in slowly. Seems like if I try and move it full speed right from the start then it goes normal speed.

  3. #3uffex2020-06-26 04:11

    Good day Kevin Attached I hope some helpful tips. Kind regards Uffex