Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc40 Alternator wiring

widget ยท 2024-08-05 23:10

First off I'm limited with my electrical knowledge so go easy on me. I have a komatsu pc40 that has not charged in years. It looks like the wiring harness to the Alternator has got Cort at some point and ripped in two. Someone has had a go at fixing it, but given up. First thing I want to do is determine if the alternator is even any good. There was no increase in volts at the battery before I took any wires off. With the motor running and no wiring hooked up, should i be geting any volts from any of the 4 terminals on the alternator? The voltage reg is external. One of the leads from it went to "F", the other one nowhere. Any help as to were it should go? Should there be a earth going to the alternater or does it earth thro the alternater body mounting? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help. Few pic to see what I'm dealing with.

Replies3
  1. #1Coaldust2024-08-06 02:26

    This thread could be an electrifying experience. Also, it could be conductive to your aspirations. If this was my machine, or even my customer, I would find a modern, integrally regulated alternator and install it. Perhaps a Nipondenso, Delco CS121 or CA130 one-wire. Whatever fits in there, best. Just start fresh and keep it real. Just like Joe Dirt, just keep on keeping on. Life is a garden, you gotta dig it.

  2. #2widget2024-08-06 03:35

    Thanks for your reply. I'll have to do some research on this, certainly sounds easier than dealing with this mess.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-08-06 04:04

    Ohm my god. I know watt you are saying Shame on the mess.