Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC400Lc Counterweight Removal

johnnyboy ยท 2014-12-25 09:18

Anybody know the weight of the pc400lc counterweight? We have to pull engine in the shop through a 14' high door so was thinking pulling counterweight may be best since we have to use a hitachi 300 to do it. Also maybe someone know the procedure as well. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1tool_king2014-12-25 18:30

    Counter weight is 20,330lbs

  2. #2jprefect2014-12-25 21:27

    the 400's that I ran the counter weight was like 21500lbs. It maybe easier with the counter weight on though. That way you have something to set on. Don't know though

  3. #3Ozz2014-12-25 21:38

    I think on a dash 7/8 is in the 22,000 lb range.

  4. #4John C.2014-12-26 12:37

    I've never pulled the counterweight to work on an engine of that size. It was always easier to work on the engine in the machine or just remove it completely. What Dash series is your machine?