kinda embaressed, my friend removed my fuel tank on 312, I replace in with used 311, im not sure the order of the 3 lines, ive think ive tried them all, once I had it where it would run 30 seconds, im over thinking my problem, anybody have same problem?
I keep thinking im hooking the line off the bottom of tank to inlet on pump, wich one is the return, as I think it connects on the side of tank, wich is closest to the tank, I cant find a diagram on Christmas eve.? also merry Christmas to all!
Going By Memory Here !!! …… Because I just had to do a by-pass on my tank …. someone stole fuel out of my tank and left the tank cap off and we had major Rain !!! ... it was frozen solid, water was in the tank and with a Heat Gun was able to thaw out the tank, but the fuel line was still Froze solid ….. So: on the bottom of the tank is a "T" fitting, on the bottom of the "T" is a draincock Valve, to drain poopies & Water out … LOL, To the Cab side of the "T" is another Valve, chances are it's a Ball Valve, that turns all fuel off to the machine ….. From there the Line goes up to a fuel water separator mounted on the side of the Fuel Tank from there it goes to the Engine mounted Fuel Filter …… the line that comes off of the Main Injection fuel pump, on the Engine, is the Return Line which goes to a Formed Metal Elbow coming out of the side of the Fuel tank (close to where the Fuel Separator is/may be mounted) and is pointing in a Downward manner ….. You speak of a Third Line ??? …… Hmmm ??? ….. not sure about that, unless it was the Line attached to the Fuel/Water Separator (2) lines : 1-in from bottom of tank & 1-out to the engine filter ……. 1-is the return line, to the tank …. Hope this might Help you out !!! ……… CHEERS to You and Yours !!! … and ALL WHO may follow this post !!! …. LOL ….