I have an early 90's (I believe) PC50uu-2 which has some controls and warning lights in Japanese, a language of which I am not fluent. This would not be an issue except I now have a red light on accompanied by a buzzer and the hydraulics are locked out. I innitially thought it might be a low fuel safety but I filled the tank. The controls locked out much like when you bring the dipper in too close but all functions except track movement ceased. I shut down and checked the oil level (it was fine ten minutes before as I checked it before starting). The water temp. is normal, the hydraulic fluid level is normal/low (at the bottom of the site glass). Anyone have a suggestion? The light in question is on the left bank just above the temp gage (digital) and next to the lower of the two battery (alternator) warning lights. I'm puzzled. Also, does anyone know of an online manual I could reference and/or a good source for a hard copy manual as I should have one on hand for such occasions. Thanks for any and all responses. I just "inherited" this nice (but well used) machine along with endless work to do with my current relationship. Acquiring a service manual just hasn't been a proiority .....yet.
Might try: http://www.n8fan.net/item/komatsu-pc50uu-2-service-manuals/ I didn't try the download, because of bandwidth concerns, so... :beatsme Or try: http://www.google.com/search?q=PC50..._pw.r_qf.&fp=5a1332b023f7d20d&biw=836&bih=623 OCR...
Oh, and while you're at Google... copy: do a barrel roll Then paste into the search box... lol OCR
Post a pic and I'll try to translate for you.
OK. Thanks guys. I will try to post a picture after work (assuming you are serious?) I think it may be a low hydraulic fliud lock-out. Time to find the proper fliud, top off and see about a re-set or if that takes care of it. I will keep you all posted.
Are you getting this message: 和ティンウォン ? Copy and paste into google translate in order to translate the trouble code.
now joispoi, that's not nice, I had to read it out loud a few times before I caught on.
和ティンウォン Ha! That's awesome. I thought it was going to be some jerky comment but "Yu is rite". I predict that is is a low hydro fluid lock-out and I have to say almost 24 hours and no one has called it. Better hope I'm wrong or you guys all have egg on your faces. You could be preemptive and let me know how to reset the lockout once I top the fluid off.........does it need to be reset?
Sounds to me like the depth system has a bad potentiometer on the stick or the boom foot joint.
I had the same problem and it was simply a bad connection to a potentiometer. Light should flash a code to tell you which one. My manual is at my shop. I will look for a page I can send you tomorrow.