My PC50 will fire up but not shut off? Anyone know anything I need to do hear. What I have done to shut it off is remove the rod on the engine connecting the fuel shut off arm to the solenoid and manually turning the arm. We removed the electric shutoff mechanism from the engine, disassembled it cleaned it, tested on a battery, worked fine, reattatched, not working. My buddy tested the ignition switch with a tester said its all good? Any thoughts?
How is the wireing going too it.
don't know exact details of the unit, but do voltage checks to the shutoff unit while it's connected to the machine. Sounds like you have short to positive. With engine running unplug the unit what happens?
Thanks, I'm not that experienced at auto-electric, but can usually figure things out, can you explain to me how to check for a short to pos, or if the ignition key switch is working properly. Thanks
if you unplug the stopper elec connecter, and the engine stops, then the postive isn't being swithed off. if you unplug and engine still runs it's a mechanical fault. Chances are igntion switch is ok if you can toggle on and off the warning lights as per usual before you start the engine. The wire could be staying (hot) positive due to a relay sticking (if there's one on that circuit) or the wire could be bare somewhere and touching another positive wire. Usually though the bare wire type fault shorts to ground, and blow a fuse. all this applys if it's a std 3-4wire stopper. also when you bench tested did it go fully in ,fully out(spring)
I have a pc75 that I purchased with a cable pull installed for the variable speed dial. I am sure you could always have a cable installed to shut it down. may not be the answer you were looking for , but it should work just fine.