Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thumbs for a PC-75 uu-2

Silveroddo ยท 2012-01-18 12:55

Hello, I've got a PC-75uu-2 Komatsu that I'm getting seriouse about selling and it seems everyone thats serious about the machine gets hung up on wanting a hydraulic thumb. I'm working out of town at the moment and dont have access to the books on the machine so I was wondering if anyone can tell me whats needed for proper installtion and a ball park of what it cost? Seems to me it used to be about 2500 bucks to have one installed, but I know theres some disparety in the quality of thumbs out there and you dont want the cheapies. As far as the valveing is there a factory provision? Seems to me the farmer way of doing it would be to put an electric valve on the boom offset lines and just activate with a switch and use the foot pedal. Bad idea? If anyones got opinions, ideas, brand preference that would be great. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1roadbuilder62012-01-19 17:06

    psm or efi

  2. #2toomanymachines2012-01-22 21:07

    I understand that it is popular to put an electric diverter valve on the offset and use those hydraulics to run a thumb.

  3. #3mike694402012-01-23 20:14

    My Thumb for PC-75UU2 I bought from USA attachments http://www.excavatorthumb.com/mt1845-excavator-thumb.php I was their guinea pig. They worked with me to get a working thub, but I'd make sure you give them all bucket dimensions. Great prices and reasonable to deal with. my machine already had hydraulics for a wrist, but #6 lines way too small for the thumb. The Prince hydraulic clyinder and dirverter valve is not suitable for the pressure rating the thumb needs to operate. the Rod on the 3' prince cylinder was only 1.5 I and was always getting bent. I replaceced it a 3500 Lb surplus center cylinder with 1.75' rod and have no issues. Make sure you wse hardened high strenth pins as mild steel will eventually bend. i've gone thruough several diverter valves, but now as long as I am the only one working the machine have no issues. the PC75 is quite versitile. See pics at http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/89163-busy-wife-weekend-10.html