Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc600

reddot556 ยท 2008-10-01 20:22

its just a nice machine..not too big, not too little

Replies8
  1. #1WColtharp2008-10-01 21:54

    That's a bucket I haven't seen before. Is that for cutting slopes of some sort or am I just crazy?

  2. #2yardbird2008-10-01 22:07

    trapazoidal bucket we recently purchased a pc600 and are looking at a trapazoidal bucket. very interested in manufacturer and the capacity.

  3. #3IronFlyer2008-10-02 00:46

    I get the impression that 400-600 sized machines are quite common down there or is it that everyone just likes to talk about them?

  4. #4CascadeScaper2008-10-02 01:58

    The company I work for has 23 PC400's, twice as many 400's as any other size hoe we have. Think we have 11 or 12 200s, about the same amount of 120's/138's, couple Komatsu PC308's, but 400's are the tool of choice for us. We run them with fairly large buckets on the mass ex crews, all hoes have Esco or Hendrix hydraulic pin grabbers. I guess you could say they're popular for us, but I see lots of 400-600 sized Komatsus all the time.

  5. #5landrvrnut222008-10-02 09:19

    My old company bought a brand new PC600 back in 2006. I got to run it for several weeks before I left, it came to me with 28hours on it. Awesome machine, comfortable cab, great visibility. It had a quick coupler with a 72", 60", 48" and 36" buckets. Started it off on the pipe crew putting in 60" storm, then mass excavation of a retention pond. Probably one of my favorite machines I have run, with the top being the PC78. We also had a 400 we used quite a bit for truck loading, and the pipecrew. That size machine is pretty popular here for the larger excavating companies.

  6. #6hoeman6002008-10-02 17:03

    notice my name I ran a pc600 for the co I work for all i can say is:throwup never liked it , to slow always brokedown . kinda why i hate krapmatsu:ban

  7. #7mikef872008-10-02 21:28

    I've got a PC600, machine works great, it worked real hard when I got it, nothing but oil changes, and a few hoses. It's got somewhere around 7200 hours on it. It'll pull a trench box and push pipe in like no problem. I love Komatsu. I had a Cat 350 before and that was a junk box.

  8. #8IronFlyer2008-10-03 01:43

    I've been enjoying all this talk here on these forums. It's interesting to read about the different types and classes of equipment used in the different parts of north america. Up here, smaller, lighter and faster is the name of the game. There are big machines around, but generally speaking many of the sites here need a 600 like a hole in the head. Just different applications. 20-35 tons and CAT controls is the common breadwinner of this area but once in a while I'll see a larger machine being used around here, making the owner money. I've run new Komatsus and they were nice, never gave me any issues, the older ones were not as nice as the older Hitachis in my opinion, and the Hitachi package has treated me well, but my happiest moments have been in the seat of relatively new CAT excavators. I don't know why, but they seem to be built better than many other machines. A little more power, a little more weight in the right places, a little more finesse. Maybe I've just had good ones to run, but its interesting how we all have our own preferences and pet peeves.