Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC75 weight

Coastal · 2007-04-14 20:11

Has anyone actually weighed a PC-75 on a scale? Im looking for weights to see if my truck will handle it legally. I've searched around from komatsu's site to everywhere on the internet and have found weights from 15850 to 18000lbs. I know there are lots of variables like rubber/steel tracks, thumbs, buckets, Booms etc. The machine im looking at is a few years old, so there are no brochures on it. Thanks, Rob

Replies33
  1. #1mflah872007-04-14 20:12

    16,000 is probably the weight with no cab just a canopy. I had a PC-60 that weighed 16,000 I think the 78 is more weight and a zero tail swing machine.

  2. #2Coastal2007-04-14 20:16

    That was from komatsu, and its with a cab as they dont even offer a canopy. http://www.komatsuamerica.com/product_dynamic.asp?prdt_id=746#info

  3. #3Coastal2007-04-14 20:19

    They also have a PC-78 MR which weighs over 18,000lbs.....

  4. #4Wulf2007-04-14 20:40

    Coastal, what is the type and series indicated on the SN plate as it would be probably be easier to narrow it down such as PC78??-?

  5. #5Coastal2007-04-14 21:09

    Oh sorry, the one im looking at is a PC 75 UU-2. Very similar to this one, minus the lame-o color! http://heavyequipment.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=25788218&pgno=3&srt=1

  6. #6Wulf2007-04-14 21:33

    Coastal, according to some old material I have: For PC75UU-2 7750kg with cab 7850kg with cab and steel tracks 7600kg with canopy 7700kg with canopy and steel tracks

  7. #7Coastal2007-04-14 22:20

    Awesome thanks!

  8. #8Coastal2007-04-14 22:26

    I scaled my truck yesterday, seems im allowed 19581 lbs on the deck, that machine converts to 17085 lbs, hopefully I can get the weight transfered to the front and rear axles appropriately, and im good to go.

  9. #9bobcatuser2007-04-15 00:41

    Costal, are you planning on hiring someone to run that Komatsu? I have seen lots of single axle trucks carrying 6-7 ton excavators, but never over the scale. Gross weight should be ok, just make sure it’s not overweight on the front axle.

  10. #10Coastal2007-04-15 01:14

    I will be running it, along with another guy. Ya i hear ya about the front axle, i've got 12/21 axles, I guess only the scales will tell.....

  11. #11bobcatuser2007-04-15 02:06

    Did you get to the last Richie Brothers auction? They had a few Komatsu PC 75UU-2 selling for $16-$20 with 5000+ hours. One contractor I talked to had nothing but problems with the sensors in the offset boom. There is a safety shut off for the hydraulics when the sensor fails. You can’t even move the machine when it happens.

  12. #12Coastal2007-04-15 02:09

    No i didnt check the auction, I wouldnt buy something with that many hours. The one im looking at has about 1200 hours, and its immaculate, it has the original paint and tracks on it, and it seriously looks garage kept. No scratches, it must have worked in a warehouse or something, and it looks like they just used the dozer blade as its worn in the center. I have a 50 now, and might go to this and a 35 instead.

  13. #13bobcatuser2007-04-15 02:49

    Sounds like a good deal. I think having a 60 and 35 is the best combo. I know of 2 owner operators selling their 200 and buying a 60.

  14. #14Coastal2007-04-15 03:54

    Ya i can see that....why buy a machine for $150,000 and get $110-120 an hour for it when you can spend $30-40000 and get $80-90 an hour.

  15. #15PSDF3502007-04-15 09:26

    Why is 5,000 hours to many for you to buy?

  16. #16Coastal2007-04-15 10:03

    Im not a fan of loose worn out old machines that need pins, hoses and hydraulic pumps replaced amongst other things. Most of my equipment is within a year or 2 old, and i've had it since new. I like reliability. Down time isnt something I can afford in the busy season. Maybe a full size machine with 5000 hours is ok....but I find minis get really loose.

  17. #17mflah872007-04-15 10:20

    Buying a used mini isnt sometihng i would do. Everyone seems to beat them badly. I know around 1500 hours my cousins was pretty beat, but thats because hes got a bunch of morons working for him.

  18. #18mike694402007-04-15 23:27

    I also purchased a Komatsu PC75UU-2E I just puchased a reasonably nice 1997 PC75UU-2E I was warned about the switches. I was told to leave them in off position. These are one speed machines that only have about 9000 lbs drawbar pull They do not dozer as well as the new ones. The cabs are made for Asian build. I made the mistake of sitting in a new PC78US. This was a private sale. I am having the Komatsu dealer install a pin on bucket hydraulic thumb. Still I think I got a good well kept machine. For near 5000 hours the pins are not real bad. If fact this PC75UU-2E is in better condition than a rental would have been with 1500-2000 hours. I would have gotten something like a Kubota KX-161 or a PC 58, PC 60 or Hitachi, but they are as much or more money.

  19. #19Countryboy2007-04-15 23:42

    Welcome to HEF mike69440! :drinkup

  20. #20Coastal2007-04-16 00:49

    Thanks for the input Mike, have you gotten an actual scale weight on it? I have a kx161 right now, I love it, but its too big for some of my work, and too small for some of my work...lol

  21. #21mike694402007-04-16 23:05

    To Big-Too small, Wrong machine, right machine. I have 3 pieces of equipment. My first is a 1984 Kubota B7200 Laugh if you want, but this tractor owes me nothing. It has done a lot of landscaping, that I am too old to still do with a wheelbarrow and shovel. I have a Kubota L-39 TLB. Not quite enough machine, but I have it beefed up a bit and have hung another 1,100 lbs of iron on the tire rims and loader frame. Depending on implement, the operating weight ranges 8,300 to 8,700 lbs. What a diffeence adding 13% more weight makes! The PC75UU2-E ought to be enough machine to work our property once the heavy rock & earth moving is more or less covered. I am getting a custom sized pin on hydraulic thumb 42" x 14" wide from USA Attachments. I can't see spending +$5,000 for a progressive linkage model, but did want a thumb that pivots on the bucket pin. My best gues at weight is 17,200- 17,800 lbs with the thumb. I would have loved a KX-80 or CAT 307/308 or any of the many othe nice newer machines, etc but I would have to run it as a business. I am killing my L-39 trying to clean up after the dozers and excavators. The L-39 is a HD landscaper, not an earthmover. I am limited to picking up a ton or so with its front rock grapple. It has a mighty hoe for its size, but taking over an hour to pull a large stump is ridiculous when working acres, not a few stumps in backyards. The PC75 does not have to be worked real hard, as long as I am not in a rush. Each machine I have moves up about 2.5-3 times more capacity than the one below it, so I have reasonable coverage before I have to pick up a shovel for the little stuff or hire that big CAT that you guys have.

  22. #22Coastal2007-04-18 09:52

    Well, I loaded up the 75 yesterday and took it to a private scale, here is what she weighed in at: Front axle GVW: 12000 Front axle weight: 9309 Rear axle GVW: 21000 Rear axle weight: 21605 My truck empty weighs: 13750 PC75 with cab and rubber tracks weighs: 17344 Looks like im gonna get it, sell my KX161 and be payment free!

  23. #23jazak2007-04-18 10:16

    Make sure to post some pics I agree with what you guys are saying about the smaller excavator market....many guys here will run a 303 & 308 size machines plus a skid steer or small loader (908 size). If they want to move up into higher excavation work I see them go to a 314, most of the machines here are ZTS because of how small our work areas are here.....

  24. #24mike694402007-04-18 20:34

    Photo of my (to me) PC75UU-2E So with steel tracks and a 500 Lb hydraulic thumb, Hitch and winch plate welded on dozer blade I should be about 9 tons. Can anyone give me an idea of how well the PC-75 dozers? Next July I will be payment free. Why are getting rid of the KX-161?

  25. #25woberlin2007-04-18 23:31

    I was quite impressed with the way my pc-75 pushes dirt. It will push alot more than the blade can handle, as it is not very tall, and starts to spill over.

  26. #26mike694402007-04-18 23:49

    FYI Blade measured 19" tall x 91" Wide

  27. #27Coastal2007-04-27 21:02

    Im selling the KX161 because the pc75 replaces it, I am also getting a 35 sized machine, so im going bigger and smaller.

  28. #28Uncle_jesse2007-04-27 21:25

    What you goina get for a 35 size machine ? we got 2 deere 35's and they have been great asdie from they get beat on by every tom **** and harry but they seem to hold up to it

  29. #29Coastal2007-04-27 21:29

    Im thinkin a kubota KX91....that seems to be the leader so far! What Deeres do you have? C's or D's??

  30. #30Uncle_jesse2007-04-27 21:45

    Im not to sure but i think they are C's

  31. #31Countryboy2007-04-28 00:47

    Welcome to HEF Uncle_jesse! :drinkup

  32. #32Uncle_jesse2007-04-28 03:06

    thank man looks like and informative site

  33. #33posthoorn2007-05-16 13:45

    weights of machinery On most machines indentification plates ,you can find the weight of the machine.