I have a pc75uu-2 that is getting hot. My console does not work so I cannot get a gauge reading. The hood gets so hot that you cannot touch it after running for 10ish minutes. I have put a waterpump and new injectors in recently. Does not seem to have blow by (blown head gasket). Radiator seems clear. I am not a mechanic just a guy with some property and a few machines. Any suggestions of things to check would be appreciated.
Okay so it is not overheating. Hit it with a temp gun 170-180 on the hose 450 on muffler 150 outside of hood. Valve cover leaks just a little and was smoking at mufler so gave me a miss feeling. It slows down a little after it heats up. In anyone's experience is this a wore pump? Can it be adjusted? I plan to take some hyd oil for analysis next week.
Your PC75UU-2 excavator's overheating issue could be caused by several factors. Since you've already addressed the water pump and injectors, here are some additional steps to consider: Coolant System : Ensure the radiator is clean, and there are no obstructions in the cooling system. Check for any coolant leaks, and ensure the thermostat is functioning correctly. Fan Clutch : Inspect the fan clutch to ensure it's engaging properly. A malfunctioning fan clutch can lead to inadequate cooling. Engine Oil Cooler : A clogged or malfunctioning oil cooler can lead to elevated temperatures. Check it for any blockages or damage. Hydraulic Oil Cooler : Since you're planning to analyze hydraulic oil, ensure the hydraulic oil cooler is working efficiently as it can impact overall machine temperature. Airflow : Check that the engine compartment has proper airflow. A lack of ventilation can contribute to overheating. Fuel System : A lean fuel mixture can cause high temperatures. Ensure the fuel system is functioning optimally.