Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC75UU2 plastic panel repair ?

dgowland ยท 2012-08-12 10:31

I had a limb fall and break the tank cover on the side of my Komatsu PC75UU2 . A new panel is too expensive . I may buy a plastic welder . Has anyone tried welding these and what type of plastic rod did you use ? Pictures are before , I would like to keep it nice looking . Thanks Dave

Replies3
  1. #1toomanymachines2012-08-12 19:30

    I have seen enogh of these wrecked. you should be able to find someone who will sell at a reasonable price.

  2. #2mike694402012-08-17 20:12

    That is one very clean/new looking PC75! If you can't find the cover, try Fiberglass repair. Plastic welding is not very strong in most cases. PS if you happen to find a door cheap, let me know. My Latch and rollers are shot and the frame has metal fatigue, not worth tryin to fix, as a good replacement is what's needed.

  3. #3Ace K2012-08-17 21:53

    Fiberglass be it polyester, vinylester, or epoxy, wont stick to plastic very long.