Hi can anyone help me I have a pel job eb12. And it has an oil leak behind the drive sprocket. I think is called the floating seal that is gone. I manage to get the sprocket off after a lot of trouble. Undone 4 bolts that bolt the final drive to the main frame, it seems to be stuck fast, it looks like there are two locating pins that also come through the main frame . Is that all that holds it on , is it just seized on. And how do I get it off, help please many thank
Welcome to HEF Fredjohn. :usa I can't address the Pel Job specifically because they're not common in my area, but most any excavator final drive requires disassembly of the final drive planetary hub piece by piece to replace the floating seal, the drive motor remains mounted to the frame from the backside. The process typically begins by removal of outer cover of the planetary hub and begin removal of inner components. Again, I can't advise how the outer cover is removed on your machine as I have no knowledge about them.
Thanks for your advice, I have put it all back together and topped the oil up for now, because I need to use it at the weekend, after that i'v got all winter to strip it down, I am a bit worried what I will find when I open up the final drive box, is it all going to fall in to a thousand bits. Thanks again
Good day Fredjohn Try a contact at VolvoUk Duxford Cambridge Bob Moore if he cannot help you no body can drop him a line Re Uffex
Pel job final drive Thanks uffex, I did call them and talked to a guy called CARL he was very helpfull , still trying to get the final drive box off the frame, keeping it sprayed with duck oil at the moment, thanks again
Well?