Hello, My EB150 developed some problems recently. 1. The switch between boom swing and slew acted up. It would switch to boom swing, but not back to slew. A few attempts would switch it. But today it will not switch to boom swing at all. 2. Sometimes it would not start. No sound from the starter solenoid at all. Lowering/raising the armrest seemed to help. I found a ground connection where the screw was loose. Tightening it seemed to fix it, but just for a while. Yesterday nothing resolved it. No start after numerous attempts. Then this morning it started right away and again at every attempt. But I dare not stop it unless in a place where it is out of the way and possible to work on it. Re 1.: I know this may indicate a sticking spool in the diverter valve. But I do not want to work on the hydraulics unless I'm fairly confident that is where the problem is. Working with industrial and car electrics for 50 years or so makes me more comfortable in that environment. Re 2.: This is most probably one of the interlocks. Possibly from the raised armrest interlock as the frequent up/down movement of it will sooner or later lead to fatigue breaks in the wires. Trouble shooting electrical systems without a schematic is like finding a city address without a map! Mine was in a pouch in the user manual, but not anymore. It is somewhere in the house but after 10 years finding it is a daunting task. :-( So please help if you have a EB150. The schematic for a Volvo EC15 may be the same.
Figured out 1. without schematic. Started with one I did not need the schematic for: The switchover relay for boom swing / slew. And I could not see it even after measuring what the problem was: a circuit break right at the socket. With a microscope I could see it was a circuit break and not a failed soldering (quite common in vibrating environment). So I just put in a jumper wire and done. Now it works. Reliably and every time. But I still need the schematic to find the no-start problem. Even if it behaved well today, I don't trust it to continue doing that.