Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pel-Job LS386 manual needed + water in hydr. oil problem

JKV · 2025-08-17 11:46

Hello, I recently purchased a Pel-Job LS386 excavator. I’ve been trying to find manuals for it online (user manual, technical manuals), but I haven’t been able to locate anything. Would anyone happen to have any manuals available? I would be very grateful. At the moment, my excavator has a problem: I noticed that there is quite a lot of water mixed in with the hydraulic oil. I’m wondering how it could have gotten there and how to properly change the oil. It seems like a bit of a tricky task. Does anyone have experience with this and could share some tips? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1reganj2025-08-17 21:10

    I am going to guess the smart fellers on here are going to want a serial number to give you educated information. Hopefully your hydraulic tank has a drain plug, oil floats on top of water, let the machine sit for a day or so and pull the drain plug to see if any water comes out first. Probably a good idea to do the same with the diesel tank.

  2. #2JKV2025-08-18 16:20

    Unfortunately, there has been so much water mixed with the oil that it has emulsified and no longer settles at the bottom. As far as I understand, the entire system needs to be flushed a couple of times with new oil. The serial number is partly worn off, so I cannot provide it. However, I’m interested in any LS386 documentation if someone happens to have it.