Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

performance hand book d8-d9

fiat41b ยท 2016-11-08 13:04

What edition would cover the d8k with a Kelly and semi u and d9h semi u 4 barrel single shank job is dirt, sand stone, rock old dozers have a possible job ripping and pushing a long flat bench into side of large hill 1300 x 300 feet east to west the hill is mostly 4 to 1 and the middle 3 to 1 slope and falls 175' to the bottom back slope will follow the property line thinking cut to average 8 to 10 feet.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2016-11-08 13:31

    PHB somewhere around Voilume 7-9 should do it. Also try Googling AEDK0752 which is the Cat Ripping Handbook. You might find some useful performance/production information there

  2. #2Nige2016-11-08 17:21

    Believe it or not but I found a copy of PHB Edition 7 in my loft tonight when I went looking through some stuff.

  3. #3fiat41b2016-11-09 03:29

    Thank you, Nige I just found on you tube called (the barrup contract) great video lots of d9h in hard rock check it out.

  4. #4fiat41b2016-11-09 13:04

    Hey NIGE, does your edition #7 show the weight of d9h semi u blade and 4 barrel ripper with cab a/c 24 extreme service pads ? trying to see if I can move in one piece.

  5. #5Nige2016-11-09 13:34

    Not easy to find because everything is listed separately. As best I can see in the region of 106,000 pounds, say 110,000 tops. As usual - YMMV .......

  6. #6fiat41b2016-11-09 13:43

    ok thanks I think we cant be over 160000 lbs truck with load

  7. #7Scrub Puller2016-11-09 16:17

    Yair . . . Don't remember many numbers but one I do remember was a Nine g with a Kelley, a heavy scrub canopy and reinforced belly guards that went over the scales right on 54 tons x 2240=120,960 pounds . . . I do remember it made the 6-71 in the Pete work. Cheers.