Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D41P-6 blade trunion

southernman13 ยท 2016-11-09 07:06

Mines worn pretty good. Still has a few shims but I'm sure it won't take up the slack. Never repaired or replaced one. Just curios if it's best to cut and replace ball and cap assy. Or maybe build it up with some weld. I'm sure without pictures it'd be hard to recommend anything or maybe not. I'll get some pics today.

Replies2
  1. #1Twisted2016-11-22 23:04

    Stay in touch. I have one to rework this winter as my season with the little dozers is soon approaching. I'm guessing it's nothing a little cutting, pounding, welding and some money can't fix. Mine is tight but it quit taking grease 20 hrs ago.

  2. #2DK882016-11-23 19:57

    id guess that cutting out and reinstalling a new cap would be the best however knowing komatsu parts prices it would be much more cost effective to weld saying your labour is free..