Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Perkins 1004.4 blocks

Logstomper · 2024-09-15 15:31

Does anyone know what all diffences there are between stress block 1004.4 and the other 1004.4 blocks? Reason is I have a jcb 409 motor likely not rebuildable. It has the stress block. Having a hard time locating one... Also I've seen older perkins 4.263? Stress blocks out there for sale. Been scouring interwebs and can't really seem to find the right info. Hopefully you folks can help. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-09-15 17:06

    Used Sold Perkins 1004.40 Diesel Engine STRESS BLOCK! RUNS EXC. VIDEO! AA50430 JCB 1004-40 at Old Forge Power Equipment. Inc. Old Forge Power Equipment, Inc. Equipment Division Description: NICE FIND HERE -- IMPOSSIBLE TO SOURCE STRESS BLOCK ENGINE, ALL COMPLETE AND READY TO GO. GOOD RUNNING TAKEOUT, SEE TEST RUN VIDEO BELOW -- SHE RUNS GREAT !! Perkins AA50430 build spe... www.oldforgepower.com This may help you. What designates a stress block.

  2. #2Logstomper2024-09-15 18:30

    I have this on my watch list on ebay. Pretty sure that one is the older model. The 4.236‍♂️ if it would fit I'd be game. They had a 1004.4 some time ago that would have worked also. Stress block has the bellhousing cast to the block. No sae bellhousing.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-09-16 23:02

    4-236 shouldn't be hard to find. Very very popular engine. I think over 4 million were built.

  4. #4Logstomper2024-09-20 17:35

    There are plenty. Thinking people are missing the point. I have a 1004.4 ag build code stress block wondering if the older stress block bolt up etc.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-09-20 22:11

    Wasn't sure if wanted a new block or to do an engine swap.