I just purchased a used 2005 379, 280"wb, 550 C-15, 18sp. It's currently getting the brakes overhauled and a CAT Platinum engine overhaul before being put into service. I bought it for personal company use and will likely put less than 50,000 miles a year on it. I basically wanted a show truck to play with and not depreciate as quickly as other modes or transport we currently use. Anyway, it's fairly chromed up already, but I am switching the exhaust out this week and need to decide between two brands. One is a complete TRUX system that my local shop carries with Pickett elbows and 108" mitered 8" pipes. I would have to supply the undercab Y-pipe and resonator. About $3300 in parts. The other is a mail order "complete" kit comprised of DynaFlex and Lincoln components, Same exact setup but includes the undercab pieces. $2765 shipped to my shop. I'm less concerned about price but more so about sound (don't want crazy loud DOT headache) and build quality. Any feedback on the two systems?
No replies yet.