I can get the machine started. It tracks around. I have the discharge conveyor extended. I have the drum (grinder) started and running. I can't seem to get the feed and discharge conveyors started. It seems like it may be a simple safety switch preventing operation. I don't actually know how to use this thing, I have never before. Anyone have any ideas? The buttons on the dash to turn these functions on don't make anything happen, at least in the sequence i am trying.
Assuming it has a remote control, have you tried using it?
yes, tried the remote as well as the panel on the machine. The remote works to track it around.
All the grinders I've worked with had all the functions on the panel coupled to the remote. My time on them isn't much, just fed the hungry beasts,not actually operating them. The owners had their own blokes doing that. No knowledge of Peterson grinders, Vangelder, CBI and Morbark are what I fed. Maybe contacting Peterson would be best.
I have a couple of Peterson contacts I can PM to you. There are two 4700 in my yard, future projects. I have never run a Peterson myself.
That would be great, thanks!