Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone 4

Twisted · 2016-05-05 09:35

I bought an old Pettibone 4 on a sale the other day and now I need to go retrieve it. Does anyone know the approximate weight so I bring enough trailer? The owner figures 7-8000# and looking at it I'd guess about the same. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2016-05-05 11:26

    I'd guess closer to 12,000 ??? A super 6 is like 21,000 and looks like it has a similar frame, axles, tires, engine. Just not the "extending" forklift mast. I'll bet some of that frame is solid steel. Also, a regular smooth surface forklift will weigh close to that, an off road forklift will be heavier, and a Pettibone will be heavier still.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-05-05 23:30

    Pettibone overbuilt everything. Thats why they are still around. Send a courteous E-mail to the factory with a weight request. Give the serial number and I bet you will get an exact weight for your machine. They have the build sheets on all the old machines.

  3. #3Twisted2016-05-06 23:24

    Word from the manufacturer says 10,400# Thanks for the advice guys!

  4. #4old-iron-habit2016-05-07 20:58

    Great. They have some good folks there.

  5. #5Shimmy12016-05-08 01:25

    Just hook the gooseneck up to your old ¾ ton and hammer down. Oh, and it should be heavy enough to stay on without worrying about tie-downs. :naughty