Hello and thank you for the add right now waiting to get our new old 1998 Pettibone home so trying to track down a manual and also know I may need some advice in the future. Thanks again and have a good night.
Need filter numbers if you have a Pettibone like this with Detroit in it
I have an extendo 88 with a 4-53t (turbocharged) I will get out tomorrow and see if I can get you some numbers you didn't post a pic of the transmission filter it is a wix551474 it has a lot of cross reference filters I found a wix on Ebay it was tha cheapest (in Houston at $25) will messag you back here tomorrow I just replaced the bearing and seal on the output shaft of the transmission for the driveshaft to the front axle Gary
Fuel BF7774 NA DETROIT DIESEL Engines 4-53 4-53 Series Off-Highway Applications (Upgrade); Lube B95 NA DETROIT DIESEL Engines 4-53 4-53 Series Off-Highway Applications S. Fuel BF593 NA DETROIT DIESEL Engines 4-53 4-53 Series Off-Highway Applications Lube B95-MPG NA DETROIT DIESEL Engines 4-53 4-53 Series Off-Highway Applications (Upgrade); P. Fuel BF592 NA DETROIT DIESEL Engines 4-53 4-53 Series Off-Highway Applications Here are some of the engine filters Baldwin gives you good dimensions on their filters so look them up and make sure you have enough room for the length of the filters on this list if you don't have enough room Baldwin should give you the number for the shorter version Will update you with the filter on the return line to the hydraulic tank tomorrow Gary Detroit Diesel usually routs fuel from the tank to the primary filter then to the fuel pump then to the secondary filter A word to the wise before removing the filters run the engine and let it warm up a bit so that after you change the fuel filters you can turn it up pretty fast because as hard as you might try there is a good chance to have some air in the system and if it dies because of that air it will be a big pain in the a** to finally get it running GET SOME CLEAN FUEL AND FILL THE NEW FILTERS RIGHT TO THE TOP BEFORE INSTALLING THEM THAT SHOULD KEEP YOU FROM HAVING AND PROBLEMS Warming up the engine a little before changing the fuel filters will give your wear surfaces in the engine a decent layer of oil to protect it when you throttle it up and send the rpms to about 1500 rpm ( not something you want to do to a cold engine for the 1st start of the day ) Another note is do not change your fuel filters at the same time you change the oil filter because with a horizontal oil filter you are not able to prime it so that filter has to get filled with oil before providing oil pressure to the engine Once you have all the air out of the fuel system then warm it up good and change oil/filter and when you start it after the oil change just let it idle until you have oil pressure Gary sorry i got so windy
NAPA # 1759 for the hydraulic return filter might cross-reference to Baldwin I saw in a pic your oil filter is vertical you can fill it with oil before install best of luck with your new venture Gary
I just finished putting an output shaft from the transmission to the front drive axle It required a bearing # 6210 (90mm x 50 mm x 20 mm (Amazon) and an oil seal a National 410565 (R?) in case you ever have to do that I modified an automotive dent puller for body work to use a bolt that I ground off to make a hook to go on the inside of the outer race of the bearing and also get the inner race off the shaft ( the bearing self destructed to the point of all the balls coming out) The job was a lot easier than I was thinking it would be This is about all the information that I have to give you numbers on although I see your vacuum pump for the brake booster is using Ebay/Amazon check valve in the line Gary