I have a customer with an older (1966) Pettibone Multicrane model 25 that has been sitting for 2 years. He went to move it last week and when he puts it in gear all it does is grind. The shift cables seem to be ok so it appears to be internal. The parts book refers to a 6 speed Funk drop box transmission, (3 speed with Hi and Low?) part number A-25526-1, but I'm quite sure that is a Pettibone number, not a Funk number. I can't find a tag any where on the trans and the operator and service manual has nothing. Does anyone know what model trans would be in this crane? I'd like to find a manual if possible. Are there still Pettibone crane dealers out there? I googled it and seem to only find material handlers ect. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hi excavator,Is it possible the tranny is not going in to gear because the clutch plate is rusted & stuck to the engine flywheel after sitting for two years.I am not familiar with the Pettibone Multicrane.Is it a truck crane?I am not sure what became of pettibone,They made some nice cranes and pioneered some of the first 4 wheel drive loader /forklifts.They were the predesessor to the modern day "telehandler" riggs.Mabe another member knows what happend to Pettibone.Good luck with the repair.
You have a Pettibone Multikrane model 25MK( 12 1/2 ton capacity ) and it left the factory in Rome, NY with a Funk Automatic Shuttle Transmission model 12000AT( for Forward, Neutral & Reverse ) That was then connected to a Funk model 30000 series, six(6) speed dropbox. If you need manuals for either or both I would call RPK Industries, Inc @ 1-800-765-1478. They have both manuals in stock plus they can provide both the Automatic Shuttle and /or six speed gearbox in rebuilt condition or could sell you any parts to repair either unit.