Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone super 6 parts needed

Max.bare.ridge ยท 2018-07-25 14:09

Hello all, I'm new here but I love old machines. I have partially resurrected a 73 Pettibone Super 6 but I have one issue. Sometime in it's life the ring gear and pinion carrier housing broke loose from the axle housing and damaged the ring gear and pinion. It isn't going to last long. Does anyone have one of these machines around for parts? If I can get this fixed I'll be using this thing for years. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2018-07-25 17:04

    I don't know of any parts machines. You might be surprised how long it lasts the way it is, then again , i havn't seen it, you have. If you need the parts, figure out the axle make and model, because you'll have better luck if it's not Pettibone.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2018-07-26 00:02

    My Super 6 Manual lists the Axle group as Napco Model PS-1200. Pettibone Model S-8000

  3. #3Max.bare.ridge2018-07-26 13:20

    Thanks. That model numbers you found sound correct. My machine has the Napco axles but, I didn't have the model number handy.

  4. #4Max.bare.ridge2018-07-26 13:27

    On how long it might last. Your right . It is amazing how tough these things are. That said. The pinion gear has lost at least half an inch of it's diameter. The gears look like they have been dragged around by a chain over rock for a week. I can run it on just the front axle but I would like to get it all back up to a reasonable repair level

  5. #5Vetech632018-07-26 17:17

    Give me the model and serial number of your machine and Ill check the log records on it, providing they are still available. I'm a Pettibone Distributor here in Oklahoma.

  6. #6Max.bare.ridge2018-07-26 18:29

    I have the build log . See attached Thanks for checking if the parts are around!