As promised photos of my D9G and hydraulic pull scraper for it(converted from a 627) Neil
hello neil hope your keeping well ,thats a nice looking cat,when is TC going to give it the once over i look forward to some shots of it being used in anger cheers graham :drinkup
tc Hi Graham, Nearly afraid to bring tc near it,he would have it in big bits in a twinkling of an eye!!!!! Any news of the 5000? Neil
Nice machine and good photos. Hi, NeilD. That beast looks to be a fairly late model 9G and in fairly good nick too. Should Rowley Billings or Neil Becher be greatly worried about the competition? LOL. Re TC, I suspect he might be a very good fitter and mechanic from the tone of the posts I have seen relating to him and his work, but I understand your concerns as he does seem to have a rather highly developed talent for 'reducing a machine to its basic elements', so to speak. LOL. Thanks for the photos. If you have the time and the inclination, I'd be interested to hear and see more of this 'converted' 627 scraper. That intrigues me.
D9h? Am I mistaking, but is this not a D9H? Judged by the look ** the hydraulic reservoir on the fender. Nice looking cab.
D9h Hjolli I am not being disrepectfull when I say this but I do think at 49 years of age when I go to buy a D9G I know what I am looking at!!!! Neil
Corn-fusion. Hi Hjolli. It is understandable that you might be a little confused about the series of NeilD's D9. Some of the features of the D9H were introduced with the last of the 'G' series. As I understand it, the very last of the 'G' series had the square profile hydraulic tank of the H's instead of the far more common side tank with the rounded-down ends of the second half of the G series run. The 410 hp 'donk' and the bigger blade didn't arrive until the 9H hit the market. The H series also came with inter-connected steering clutches and brakes, working off the steering handles, not necessarily an improvement in my humble estimation. I have never run an inter-connected steering system that steered as smoothly as the older-style separate clutch and brake systems, at least not among the Cats. Hi, NeilD. Only 49, huh. A 'spring chicken'. But I suspect that you might just know a D9G when you buy one.
Neil hi Neil whats this i.ve been reading about fly tipping charges i found this at cheffins sale at Ely on Saturday while i was dropping some engines off i have not seen the man with the 5000 but if i get a spare half day i will go for another visit and hope hes in cheers graham
Sorry about my remark Neil, but as Deas Plant pointed out there might be some details about these machines that could lead to confusion Hjolli
cheesy grin!! Hi Graham, You should know by now the editor of that magazine is a bit suspect to say the least!! Did you see him on the Cat in one of the photos on the back page with a big cheesy grin!!!! hi Hjolli Sorry to sorta jump the gun earlier but buying a Cat is made a lot easier by the fact that serial numbers are a big thing with Cat and they allow a buyer to accurately check out a machine as most of the guys on this board will testify to. Apart from the brake pedals and decelerator I knew for certain this was a late model D9G from the serial number which starts off with 66A. Hi Deas, The previous owners of this D9 also had a D9H for sale , I had a look around it and a drive-my first time on an H. It felt no different to the G except when pulling the steering levers fully back to operate the brakes there was not a great responce and I had to step on the appropriate brake pedal to make a turn. Coupled with the fact the H was a further £12000 and needed an erops to match the G meant a realistic difference of £16500 so i bought the G. Neil