Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Photos of Heavy Excavators at Work on the West coast of BC

DerelictTexture · 2012-07-03 23:44

Construction and road building in tough and dangerous locations...Most are from the Sea to Sky highway job....the road to the 2010 Olympics link to the photos is here... http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/photos-of-heavy-excavators-at-work.html

Replies16
  1. #1928G Boy2012-07-03 23:55

    good pics, got any of the 365's counterweight after they beefed it up?

  2. #2DerelictTexture2012-07-03 23:59

    I don't have many pics of the 365...it didn't spend too much time in our segment...nobody wanted to run it...might have a few aerial shots at Seg 2/Doodson's....I saw it in Coquitlam a few months ago on the highway job there...no pics though

  3. #3plantman.uk2012-07-04 09:50

    Very nice pics....Who would not want to pilot the 365?...you should have called me i would do it in a heartbeat

  4. #4DerelictTexture2012-07-04 10:03

    Thanks for the comment. The guys thought that the 365 was a bit of a clunker....slower than the 345's and the 385...less precise...but good at applying brute force ( pretty much the story of my life )

  5. #5JimBruce422012-07-04 21:21

    Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like ya had some pretty precarious work areas...

  6. #6DerelictTexture2012-07-05 00:18

    Yeah it was pretty hairy...especially working on Cut 9 at night, in the winter. We had good people and a pretty good sense of what was possible...and what was stupid. None of us even got a scratch on those jobs...we worked hard to look out for each other. I haven't seen much of that attitude since

  7. #7245dlc2012-07-05 00:50

    Awesome blog, makes you wonder what the big deal is in twinning the TransCanada through Ontario I was really impressed when I came through B.C. two years ago and they had twinned through Roger's Pass like it was no big deal. lol I added your blog to my bookmarks looks pretty interesting I might have to make on of my own especially with my adventures through the Manitoba floods last year.

  8. #8DerelictTexture2012-07-05 00:58

    Thanks for the comments. I had help in setting up the blog from a techie friend...that made things much easier to get it off the ground. Take lots of photos and video of whatever you do at work or play

  9. #9lonkinggroup2012-07-05 04:52

    This one of the selected pictures took in Brazil. Isn't it beautiful?

  10. #10DMoline2012-07-05 16:46

    Really nice thread and Photos. Thanks.

  11. #11DerelictTexture2012-07-05 16:52

    Thanks DMoline....I'm stirring up a few more customized selections as we speak...here is a post dedicated to all different kinds of construction machinery on that job...you might get a couple of repeat images here and there...but hey...the price is right http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2011/12/drill-bits-and-dynamite-part-ten.html

  12. #12245dlc2012-07-05 23:22

    Pretty neat seeing that air track suspended from the crane. He could of had it worse though with a jack leg drill. lol

  13. #13DerelictTexture2012-07-06 00:45

    I know the guy that was hanging from the air track...he was going a bit ape when the helicopter started to circle so that I could get photos. He is a super guy around tough rock jobs and stabilization issues...a real problem solver. He worked on a different segment than I did, so I missed out.

  14. #14roadbuilder62012-07-07 13:19

    I love that 365, is it thumb control on the joy stick?

  15. #15DerelictTexture2012-07-07 13:30

    I believe it is. I was on the blasting crew at the time. Our main job was to go around breaking stuff. If there was a thumb switch and we used it, we would have broken that also if you want to see something really funny, watch the face of an excavator operator, when a blaster gets in the drivers seat of a hoe

  16. #16928G Boy2012-07-10 22:39

    good pic of the 365 in doodsans corner with the big counterweight