Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Photos of old JD Adams graders on Vancouver Island

DerelictTexture ยท 2012-08-07 19:54

From a recent road trip in search of old rusty things. The first one was easy, it was beside a road...displayed for all to see. The second one was an incredibly lucky find on a dead end dirt road...on a property full of heavy duty old iron.

Replies9
  1. #1DerelictTexture2012-08-07 19:56
  2. #2DerelictTexture2012-08-07 19:59
  3. #3ACcrazy2012-08-09 09:48

    Is that a big ol' 2 stroke 6 cylinder engine sitting next to the grader in the second pic??

  4. #4DerelictTexture2012-08-09 10:08

    ACcrazy, this is a photo of what you asked about. I Wiki'd "Fairbanks-Morse"..among other things, they made huge industrial engines and pumps. I don't know what this particular piece is.

  5. #5ACcrazy2012-08-09 10:16

    Cool! I knew Fairbanks Morse used to build smaller hit and miss stationary engines. I didn't realise they made monster motors. lol. Thanks for all of your pics. I really enjoy them.

  6. #6DerelictTexture2012-08-09 10:28

    Thanks ACcrazy. I sent an email to the owner of the property, to ask about the Fairbanks piece of gear. In a day or two. I''l have a post up that features a re-furbished steam engine, a 2 cyl gas JD cat, and some really cool railway speeders...all within a few feet of each other.

  7. #7ACcrazy2012-08-09 10:57

    Nice! I'll be keeping an eye out for them.

  8. #8stinkycat2012-08-09 22:46

    Fairbanks Morse made and still makes very large diesel engines. The 1st 2 ships I was on had Fairbanks Morse's for main engines, a lot of the diesel submarines were powered by FM engines.

  9. #9ACcrazy2012-08-10 08:50

    Thanks for the info. stinkycat.