I have a food trailer that is connected to the tow hitch of my Chevy Silverado. I'm looking for a crane that is either free standing or some type of lifting equipment that will allow me to load my generator into the bed of the truck that DOES NOT attach to the hitch. I've seen the one man ez load that attaches to the side pocket and winches it onto the ramps and into the bed. Seems like a pain in the ass, I thought you guys would have some better ideas!
A considerable number of bed mounted cranes out there
If you can load the gennie before hooking up to the tlr, why not a harbor freight engine hoist. Mike
Check these out, never used one but they are a cool idea. http://westernmule.com/series_a.html
Welcome to the Forums Toni6!:drinkup The "bumper crane" linked above was the first thing that came to mind.
Don't get a cheap one. Mine ( that someone gave me new) bent the first time I used it. Complete waste of time building a solid mount for it.
Yair . . . About three fifty bucks for one of these . . . they are common as and available smaller or larger and with twelve volt drive. Weld it to the trailer hitch if you don't like it in the bed. I built a long reach one into the hitch of a tandem trailer and it was good for lifting onto the trailer or the pick-up. Cheers.