Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics from Ireland

mcc1075 · 2009-04-11 20:38

Hello out there. I was in Ireland for St Patricks day with my wife and my inlaws. I figured I would share some of the pics I took. They are mostly of farm tractors, with a few trucks and machines thrown in. I figured I would be able to get more machine pics, but I really didn't see much work going on where we were. The two pics of the Renault tractor is my cousins, he had just purchased it from a dealer in Northern Ireland just before we arrived. I hope you all enjoy.

Replies8
  1. #1mcc10752009-04-11 20:42

    Here are a few more. I didn't see alot of machines, but we did see and drink lots of nice pints of Guinness, as shown in the last pic. Enjoy.

  2. #2d4c24a2009-04-12 05:11

    renault cracking tractors those older renault,s with the MWM power plant great lugging power guinness running down the side of the glass what a waste cheers graham

  3. #3joispoi2009-04-12 05:52

    I like that last picture best. I don´t know how long it´s been since I´ve had a pint. :drinkup

  4. #4mcc10752009-04-12 09:11

    They love the Renaults on my cousins farm. They bought 2 identical 103-54's like the one in the picture, to go with the rest of the fleet of Renaults they have. The Guinness overflowing was a bit of a waste but, I took care of every drop in that glass. My uncle calls pints of Guinness, " the blondie with the long black dress".

  5. #5cps2009-04-12 09:27

    Hey mcc1075, where abouts in Ireland were you at? Glad to here you enjoyed!

  6. #6mcc10752009-04-12 09:42

    We based our travels out of my Uncles house Bunratty, Co. Clare. I will describe were the pics that I posted were taken. The pic of the Mercedes mb trac was taken on the road to Kilkee, West Clare. The one's with the JCB's were taken just outside Castlegregory, County Kerry, we went out over the Conor Pass, that was awesome, that was my first time doing that. The one with the big John Deere and the Costello Quarries truck was taken in Adare, County Limerick. The Renault tractors were taken at my cousins farm in Clonmoney County Clare. We did all of the tourist stuff with my wife and inlaws , as it was there first time being there. They are excited to go back in the near future. I can't get over how expensive everything is, it was unbelieveable.

  7. #7joispoi2009-04-12 10:35

    Hi Mcc1075. I just noticed you´re from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in New Canaan, lived in Norwalk for a while and then Redding before eventually moving to Iceland. What company are you with?

  8. #8mcc10752009-04-12 18:44

    Hi Joispoi, you are along way from New Canaan being in Iceland. What brought you to Iceland, I am sure it is beautiful there. Iceland is on my list of places to go to. I will send you a PM as to who I work for.