Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics of my D8 digging up vines

Mccahilldozing · 2011-02-23 17:24

Here are a couple more pics of my D8k digging up an old vineyard out by Fresno. I built the digger on the front from an old shank. We can dig up to 40 acres of vines a day with this setup.

Replies5
  1. #1d9gdon2011-02-23 23:58

    Can someone do their magic to these pics and make them where I can see 'em better? I don't know how.

  2. #2joispoi2011-02-24 16:36

    When you uploaded the pictures, did you upload them from the thumbnail on your computer or did you go to the actual image file? I´d like to see some more pictures of this operation. Around here, people tend to use a 20 ton hoe with a 6´ wide root rake to take out vines. It doesn´t go all that fast but when they´re done, it´s clean and all the debris is stockpiled into large 20-30 cy burn piles.

  3. #3joispoi2011-02-24 16:39

    Well, I tried to repost the pictures for you, but the new upload window just isn´t working out for me.

  4. #4Mccahilldozing2011-02-24 17:40

    I tried to make the pics bigger but the website only allows 100 kb photos. I am not the best with computers and making them work good

  5. #5Forestgnome2011-03-10 15:37

    In whatever photo processing software you're using, resize the photo for the final dimension you want (inches x inches), then set the resolution to lower the file size. 80dpi is still pretty good resolution for a pc screen. If you have the "save for web" option, use it. That'll lower the file size while retaining picture quality.