I thought I'd take pictures of equipment I see in my daily travels and just stuff that I find interesting and may be of interest to others. The rock drill I photographed in Pointe Du Bois, MB where Hugh Munro construction is building an all weather road to Slave Falls generating station that will replace a small railroad that is nearly a hundred years old. The American excavator and the old dozer are situated in Bissett, MB. The cable excavators and old cranes are near Pinawa, MB.
Some more pics.
Some more oldies.
Great pics! That's Manitoba for ya! After it's worn out or obsolete, send it north!
I spy with my little eye a 690 that id a Deere lol
That is a simply amazing shovel photo!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Are you like in Soviet country or something? lool Nice pics Mate.
Nope just some old stuff I like taking pictures of. I'm going to take some more soon, as I see lots of people have an interest in scrapers pulled by cats and the like.
Is there a reason why my uploads keep failing?
Well looks like it's working now. I took some pictures last night of a project going on by my place. The department of holidays finally got started on a new overpass project on the perimeter highway here. Right now they're working on making two temporary diversion roads so traffic is diverted around the existing intersection and train tracks as this is where the overpass will be going. I have to admit I was pretty surprised to see a Cat D10R push cat here in Manitoba. Usually when it comes to bigger dozers the biggest you'll see is an old D8H or D8K not a D9 or D10.
Burnout will hopefully appreciate the extensive use of track loaders used here to spread 6" minus limestone for the temporary roads. lol
For those not familiar with the Winnipeg Area we have an area northwest of the city where there is a large limestone deposit hence all the crushed stone. It's quite common here that when a temporary road is needed, the topsoil is stripped (usually) black geotextile material is laid down and six inch or four inch limestone or some cases crushed concrete and building rubble is used. Since this is heavy traffic highway they'll put down a layer of 3/4" and finally a lift or two of asphalt as the limestone is soft and pulverizes quickly into dust.
There are a few earthmoving contractors working on this project, Hugh Munro Construction, Mulder Construction, Maple Leaf Construction (they own Mulder but also have nice equipment), and Beaudry Construction.
I didn't thing I was going to see another D10 until I drive out to Alberta to visit family. lol
You can always tell when Hugh Munro construction is on a job with they're collection of old iron like these D8H's and D8K's pulling scrapers.
Even if they are old they still work quite well in our heavy gumbo soil.
Some more equipment pics.
And a few more.
So that's the Centreport Project? I'll have to rip down there and check it out on my week off before I go back up North for another 3 weeks. I saw Beaudry's D10 for the first time earlier this year down south somewhere out by Morris, MB when I was driving to the States. It's definitely the only D10 I've seen working in MB
great pictures love those 10s big dogs....
Great pics,thanks for sharing.
Yeah I think its the only D10 I've seen too in Manitoba, though I have seen a Dresser TD-40 on the floodway project a few years ago it was owned by Sigfusson Northern. I wouldn't be surprised if Sigfusson Northern owned a few of them too, I remember when they were working on the last section of TransCanada Highway by Virden five years ago they were using TD-25's to pull scrapers and some of them actually had air conditioning which was really surprising especially after seeing Hugh Munro and Mulder Construction's old beat up junk. lol