Just a few pictures of the machine that I am currently chasing. It removes the mud out from under the tracks.
thats an interesting machine, could you explain a little about how it works?
Please do. Im interested, Im a rail fan, and a model railroader.
Sorry it has took so long to get back to you. The way that this thing works,is it has a chain that is pulled under the track.This chain has teeth and somepaddles on it. The chain pulls the material up the arms, and drops it in the shaker. There it is somewhat seperated. Part of it comes out the return conveyor, the rest goes out the front of the machine,via a conveyor that runs over the top of the cab. This machine is powered by 2 V-12 Duetz engines. I don't know what the HP rating is. This machine is a new machine this year. It has some differences from the machine that this gang had before. The last machine that they had was rated at 750 feet an hour. I am told that U.P. figures ballast at a ton a foot. That can be a bunch to try to keep up with. This machine is currently working in the Dupo IL yard,it is slated to go to El Paso Tx at the end of this project,cut 12 miles there,and then return to St.Louis for a to be determined stretch. I know what you are thinking, and I am thinking it to!!!!!! Hope this helps, I will be back at work with these guys starting on monday. I will try to get more pics and more info for you. Here is a link to the company website. http://www.plasseramerican.com/en/p_cleaning/rm80.htm Hope this helps Heath
Some pics of us setting a switch
This switch is a #15 Right hand turn out that went in the Jefferson city sub. It is under Kingshighway in St.Louis Mo
These are some Key ways that I dug in
More drains and Our little oops for the week