Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Catchick’s mine (Kaolin mine)

catchick ยท 2008-05-31 16:47

K so here are a few pics of my mine (I call it mine cause I have been working there longer than anyone else...it's been in the works for two years so not real long) I am even trying convince our pit boss to name the second pits after me.... Here is one of my boys playing in a puddle...in his 40T JD Next is one of the first loads of Kaolin to go into the coffee grinder (crusher) Here is the Jan1 pit.... more to come! p.s. K I don't know why this isn't working proper...i'll get it figured..

Replies45
  1. #1stretch2008-05-31 17:49

    opcorn

  2. #2bushcat2008-05-31 23:02

    Welcome CatChick. Great pics, keep them coming!

  3. #3catchick2008-06-03 23:41

    We had kind of a rain day at work today...only the sand trucks worked all day and I built a new haul road and pushed some sand for a few hours....so I thought i'd get some pics here to show ya'll... My dozer...it's an 850...can't hardly tell for all the dust:beatsme My idea of funny.....nothing runs like a deere...'cept this one....:notworthy

  4. #4catchick2008-06-03 23:44

    K being the brain that I am.....I take it photobucket don't work on this forum....:bash ointhead

  5. #5Squizzy246B2008-06-03 23:47

    Photobucket works fine on this forum CC...I can see those pics although they are a little small. You can upload direct without resizing if your dialup can handle it.

  6. #6catchick2008-06-03 23:53

    Thanks Squizzy:drinkup......dial-up sux.......i'll try again later.....

  7. #7Steve Frazier2008-06-03 23:59

    We don't enable direct linking like some other sites do to control image sizes so members with slower internet service can load at a decent rate.

  8. #8catchick2008-06-05 19:24

    Steve....thanks I wasn't 100% sure why it seemed weird on my computer...I appreciate the info....:notworthy I also post a ton of pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/59987317@N00/ it's lets me get more pics in and it's easier to view.

  9. #9trainwreck2008-06-05 21:58

    just from what i can see you are the best looking dozer operator i have ever seen!!!!

  10. #10catchick2008-06-05 22:42

    LMAO!! You should see the D6 guy....he has no teeth.:beatsme Oh and uh thanks.

  11. #11tonka2008-06-05 22:55

    dats a big 10-4 c'mon.....1

  12. #12ADMSWELDING2008-06-10 19:45

    A hot girl with a dozer. Nice pics, oh yeah and nice dozer.

  13. #13AtlasRob2008-06-11 16:48

    It shouldn't make any difference at all that this young lady is a plant operator but ye I have to agree shes by far the best looking blade operator I ever seen, and I've seen a few. :yup All joking aside I am really pleased to see you, (A) on here and (B) operating. Keep up the good work :thumbsup

  14. #14w2bstoned2008-06-11 19:36

    Nice Pics... Keep your blade down,,, LOL

  15. #15catchick2008-06-11 22:09

    Yeah well I noticed on my flickr that my mine pics aren't getting any views but the ones of me sure have:beatsme maybe i'll do what the boys at work ask....put out my own "shop" calendar....just me, a hard hat, a smile, and my dozer......:nono:avid:stirthepot

  16. #16bushcat2008-06-11 22:17

    :canada What dozer? LOL

  17. #17King of Obsolete2008-06-12 00:59

    where abouts are you with all the rain, we are bone dry and living in fear of forest fires. at the mines around here, DNR can walk in and shut them down because it is too dry, so it is day by day up here. thansk KoO Published Author

  18. #18catchick2008-06-12 07:51

    Hi King I am SW SK. Heard of Moose Jaw....about 2 hrs south of there. We never get rain but we're soakin' it up now!

  19. #19nedly052008-06-12 20:44

    Where can I buy one??

  20. #20tonka2008-06-12 20:49

    me to...

  21. #21nedly052008-06-12 20:51

    :stirthepot opcorn

  22. #22King of Obsolete2008-06-12 23:42

    yes catchick you have rain and lots of it. you guys hardly get any moisture what so ever. here is my last stay in moose jaw a couple of years ago. http://kingofobsolete.ca/king_of_obsolete_world_tour_webpage.htm also with that much rain, i should give you a pair of my soon to be trade mark boots from my second book. check out my website to see how they fit. (not on me, LOL) http://kingofobsolete.ca/King_today_webpage.htm also on the serious side, how do you like the John Deere cat???? buddy barry has two 650Gs and they are not for the great white north to bounce off of rocks. thansk KoO Published Author

  23. #23digger242j2008-06-13 00:05

    Now, where are you going to find a girl whose feet point in two different directions??

  24. #24fireman0502008-06-13 09:32

    me three

  25. #25Rockbreaker2008-06-13 13:05
  26. #26King of Obsolete2008-06-13 21:59

    oh digger, this is how most ladies wear these kinds of boots. thansk KoO Published Author

  27. #27murray832008-06-14 10:35

    Ahhhh but...are they CSA approved?

  28. #28King of Obsolete2008-06-16 20:59

    hey, where did catchick go. maybe working a little OT since i heard the rains have stopped. thansk KoO Published Author

  29. #29catchick2008-06-16 22:16

    Awwwwww miss me?!:naughty I'm here I work overtime all the time so it ain't no diff than b4 yep the rain has finally quit...though they're calling for thunder storms tonight. I took a few pics of my new inpit dump as our other one flooded really bad. So I sent my camera with JC and he took this of me you can just barely see the tippity top of my dozer (along with a few of himself :eek2) from the bottom of the pit....it's a live wall about 175ft to the bottom.... tres cool.....eventually gonna be a 35degree sloping ramp to the bottom as we haul the ore out...... And one I took of the hoe....man I'd put more but it's just easier on dial-up to upload to my flickr but here are a few for you guys:waving

  30. #30King of Obsolete2008-06-16 22:44

    excellent pictures, we just finished our 4 week drill program with the OZie mining company Western Areas that trade under WSA. we worked hard and now it is time to relax because the rains have come finally. the john deere 650G known as a "lemon sister" will have to be serviced since the weather has warmed up and the oils have to be changed to summer oils. also you guys should try golfing in the great white north, the ravens steal your ball all the time and the buggs are bad. kill one and a hundred show up at the funeral,LOL. lets see some pictures of the your john deere at work. buddy barry is looking at buying one, 650G is a little too small for the great white north. thansk KoO Published Author

  31. #31catchick2008-06-16 23:11

    Ahh great to hear ya'll finally got some rain! I was watching the news and can't remember exactly where it was but they were saying DNR was really watching you dry guys...... Anyhoo we rednecks take a gun to the golf course....your ball goes into the rough.. it stirs up a prairie chicken and you got supper:notworthy I'll send my camera with JC for the day tommorow and he can get some pics for me, of me and my baby at work. CIAO! CC

  32. #32King of Obsolete2008-06-16 23:32

    thansk, would like to see the john deere and what it will push. also you do lots of walking with your john deere, does it shake apart???? the 650G "lemon sisters" just shook all the bolts loose. we had to drill out and tap bigger ones in. well in the great white north when we fish we fish the big ones. my buddys went fishing this weekend(yes i had to work till 10 pm, but they took xena since i'm a single parent) they caught fish and a 25hp merc boat motor. not bad for fishing i would say, LOL thansk KoO Publsihed Author

  33. #33JDOFMEMI2008-06-16 23:35

    Nice pics CC. Looks like the truck drivers there are related to the ones here. Stuck, playing in the puddles, playing bumper cars.....

  34. #34King of Obsolete2008-06-17 23:24

    i see it is getting hot down where catchick is working. maybe i should autogragh these and send them down for her to wear???? i wonder if i can get a pair with john deere on them instead of IH. oh the things i do for marketing, LOL (ok anything to keep a thread a live so it shows up on a search) thansk Published Author

  35. #35OCR2008-06-18 03:54

    Gee, I wonder what's causing that................? KoO, Your resourcefulness is beyond compare! It took a bit of studying and very close examination, was hard to stop gazing and refocus, to understand the true beauty and genius in your picture... I believe... you some how found a piece of brightly colored cloth, and, arranged it in such a manner as to cover an intake or opening... in an area where you previously removed something. The absolute proof of your royal abilities is commensurate with the fact that; upon finding this "cloth", you recognized the significance of the two symbols. Even with the distractions in your hectic lifestyle, you knew where the task remained unfilled... you knew that IH meant... In Here. Sire... you are the best... OCR

  36. #36stretch2008-06-18 07:56

    :lmao :laugh :falldownlaugh :canada

  37. #37murray832008-06-18 19:39

    lol i wonder how much longer it'll take till this thread is locked and shut down

  38. #38catchick2008-06-18 22:01

    They shut down all the good ones:beatsme IH come on:thumbdown....Jd not too bad but if you find some CAT ones (no pun initially intended but I sure think it's funny now:naughty) send 'em my way. I got a whole bunch of pics of my 850 working for ya KoO so as soon as I get 'em into Photobucket i'll post 'em!

  39. #39catchick2008-06-18 22:39

    K mister long live the king I took some pics for you of my 850 doin' it like it's supposed to! I put some on my flickr for ya but here is a before and after of my work yesterday.... look at me and my bad self (My boss thinks i'm insane cause I finish it with the dozer....then I let the big trucks drive on it and wreck it..... but man....I can't get out of finishing operator mode:beatsme) To answer your ??? she makes a lot of miles in a day out to the big O/B is 2 1/2 km.... to the pit it 2km....to the ore stockpiles is another 1 1/2 km....never shook nothing loose ('cept for maybe a few brain cells) tracks need tightening on a regular basis but she works for me! Before And this boys....is how it's done. All with my 850.:notworthy

  40. #40trainwreck2008-06-18 23:21

    very nice how can you beat this, she is dam good looking and knows what she is doing on a cat!!!!

  41. #41King of Obsolete2008-06-19 00:04

    ok, checked the pictures and very impressed with the john deere. you are pushing some moist stuff dirt there so what are you burning for fuel per shift(also what is your shift based on???) we are impressed with the fuel useage with the 650Gs known as the "lemon sisters" plus that start really nice at -45C with a hockey stick heater. what oils do you run in your 850 for winter use???? thansk KoO Published Author

  42. #42Deere96702008-06-19 00:35

    Hey catchick, I seen ur pics and noticed ur a golfer! What kinda numbers ya shootin? BTW the 850 could use a wash!

  43. #43tonka2008-06-19 02:51

    not a Cat a Deere!

  44. #44OCR2008-06-19 03:42

    I'm not sure: If post # 36... my post... is offensive to either KoO or catchick... I ask, please, for one or both to e-mail a moderator and see if it can be deleted. It was directed mainly to KoO, in fun, because I do admire and respect his ability to be resourceful. Some times my sense of humor may not be...well... sensible. If this is the case, I apologize to all. OCR

  45. #45murray832008-06-19 17:13

    Nice job on the second picture very professional. I've only had my hands on one dozer ever a 650J and I do like the layout on the Deere's very operator friendly.