Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pictures of the roughest hoe you have seen that works!

AU.CASE ยท 2012-05-14 05:52

Hi all, The dealer I bought my CASE 580SK had me look at this 'rough diamond' for the princely sum of $24,000AUD (= same USD). ' She who must not be disobeyed ' looked on with dismay at my keenness "you are not buying that heap of crap and not bringing it home, because if you do, you will look like a tarball as you spend about two years under it fixing all the defects, compared to the nice one he (the dealer) has over there in the shed". In the end that is what we did, cheaper, better and getting reliable production now with ease! Have a laugh at these images and post your working miracles! Had a handy knock in the engine under load. -- -- -- -- Notice the angle of the rear left stabiliser and hoe sideshift frame, leaning out at the top = not good! --

Replies4
  1. #1rumblecloud2012-05-16 15:13

    Was the end result part of the overall strategy? If so, then you are a genius!! :drinkup

  2. #2AU.CASE2012-05-17 05:45

    Nah, not really, when their is two sets of eyes looking // making decisions about the value of a capital purchase, I have always thought that "you pay for what you get" and this was no different. Mind you, I was a bit too keen because this machine would have been a vast money sink and still would have looked horrid, now we have a neat machine which has had a few thousand dollars parts fitted, new fluids and some paint, could never have had that with this old girl! Mind you, if I had been pushed for money to that deadline it probably would have come home - glad I didn't though! :cool2

  3. #3ELC hunter2012-05-19 04:22

    Looks like it came from inner sydney .

  4. #4Emerson2012-05-19 07:13

    24K.. ouch