Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Piling Production

fensoncont. ยท 2008-03-02 11:29

I was wondering if anyone here works on a piling crew or ever has? I'm new to this and trying to get a good idea on this type of work. What I'm working with right now is 12, 14, and 16" CIP Concrete Piles. Some are 20' deep and some get up to 50' deep. There is also some Steel Piles as well, and from what I understand steel piles don't consume as much time. I'm guessing that piling production is measured in vertical feet? On my own thinking I can guess anywhere from 3-5 laborers around on site performing general help? Assuming ideal conditions, including the soil what is good production for pile driving in steel and concrete? Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies6
  1. #1mikef872008-03-09 18:33

    I had the excavation on a job where they were driving 150' long concrete piles. They could do four a day in clay soil. I think they were 18 inch in diameter. I hope they gives you an idea. Plan on having an excavator there in case they hit an obstructions.

  2. #2fensoncont.2008-03-09 18:35

    That gives me a great idea, thanks!

  3. #3mikef872008-03-09 21:53

    What are you guys doing for work? Putting a building up?

  4. #4fensoncont.2008-03-09 21:54

    I'm a student doing studying for my own use, this is for a bridge.

  5. #5mikef872008-03-09 22:12

    Well that's good to see some of the younger guys getting interested in this type of work, seems like no one wants to do it anymore.

  6. #6Dozerboy2008-03-10 17:51

    I was told we where doing 30 20'ers a day in real wet clay. You also need a guy a on a fork lift moving and unloading piles at least 4 guys on the ground doing lay out and rigging.