Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snowblower

woodchuck2 ยท 2008-03-02 21:33

I am thinking of purchasing a truck mounted snowblower for my 2500HD. I wont be making this purchase until next fall but wanted to know if anyone has used one or owns one and how do they like it. The one i am checking into is from www.hansonsnowblowers.com . I already have an 8' Fischer plow and will be buying a 6' Salty Dogg in bed stainless sander from a buddy of mine.

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2008-03-02 22:33

    What are your plans for the blower if you are already set up for plowing? I'm not impressed with this machine much, 27hp on a 7' wide blower is not much at all. I have a 6' blower on my 76hp skid steer and I can bog it down with a big load of snow. If you notice their videos, the machine is only taking a half pass with the truck. I wouldn't expect much production from it.

  2. #2woodchuck22008-03-03 18:18

    The plan for the blower is for tight/long driveways especially in deep snow. I noticed the same things you did about them only taking a half pass. I too thought it should have a bigger engine. I am still up in the air about this, $8500 is alot of money for something iffy when i can pick up a decent loader for $10-12k and not worry about pulling a blade to install the blower. Just trying to feel out anyone who has used one and how well it performed and held up.

  3. #3Countryboy2008-03-03 18:31

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums woodchuck2! :drinkup

  4. #4IowaCat082008-03-03 18:45

    It is hard enough to keep your windshield dry with a plow on the front. I would imagine its way worse with a blower on the front of your pickup.:beatsme