Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pilot circuit for swing brake and two speed traction

clinter36 ยท 2023-06-29 11:26

Ok, this is an old Bantam Excavator that you guys helped me with some hydraulics (ultimately filter) issues a few weeks ago. i did get the machine moving decently only to blow a hose, so I ordered a handful of new hoses, put them on, moved it 6' back to its parking spot and blew another hose... So I order more hoses (I am up to around $1500 in hoses thus far and have quite a few to go). There are a couple of small hoses that I think I will replace and I am trying to figure out exactly how the heck they work. There is a small hose that comes off of the hydraulic block for the main boom cylinders. It comes off the side that send pressure to the top of the cylinder or the dowward pressure of the boom, then it goes around back and connects to a T at the back of the same block where I think it links to the raise circuit as well, with a check valve. It then continues on to a couple of hand valves that opperate the swing brake and two speed traction (tracks). The hydraulic diagram lists that circuit as pilot pressures. I guess I can see how it works, but I am having trouble understanding how / why they take pressure off of the main boom ciruit. It does't seem like a guarantee there would be pressue there.

Replies0

No replies yet.