Can a JD 690 excavator be converted to pilot controls? It has a 2 lever contols now but kills my back and shoulders after a full day. If available who and about how much? thanks pointrow
I don't know if it's possible to convert, or if it is, whether it's cost effective. A pilot valve control system is completely different than a system that has control rod valves. It would require changing practically every component related to operating control valve chest including replacing valve chest. Quite certain that would take a good bit of money.
Willie59 is right. Cheaper and less risky to trade the machine. If you have or can put compressed air on the machine there is a way that you can do it with air. Ask me if you want to know more. Willie can you help me again please? I wrote a much better reply than this last night and finished it this morning only to find that when I went to post it, I had automatically logged out overnight and when I logged back in I lost the lot and don't have time now to retype it. How do you avoid this? Sorry pointrow, I can do it again later if you need. Cheers. Maurie.
Yes, it's probably happened to all of us. If you're idle at HEF for an extended period of time you will automatically and unknowingly log off. If were to hit "submit reply" at that point, text would be lost. What I've taught myself to do, if I think I've been idle too long when putting together a post, is to highlight the text and "copy". Then if I hit submit button only to find I'm logged off, I can log back in, go to desired thread, then paste my reply. If you care to retype info, I can do a little editing to remove your previous post if your new one contains your desired info.