Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pilot control seals for ASV

Andy FitzGibbon ยท 2025-01-02 08:54

I have a 2006 ASV SR80 with some leaks at the plungers on the pilot control for the loader. ASV doesn't offer rebuild parts, just the whole joystick for $1000. Anybody know where to buy seal kits? The service manual lists the controls as Rexroth 08-351, which hasn't been especially helpful as far as internet searching goes. I haven't yet pulled the joystick out to see if there are any other numbers on it. Thanks for any help, Andy

Replies8
  1. #1Tones2025-01-02 17:53

    I think by dismantling the control block you find exactly what seals are required, weither they are viton or not, what the sizes and gauge they are, plus weither you need new backup rings or not. A good bearing or hydraulic shop should be able to supply them individually or in an assorted kit.

  2. #2OMF2025-01-03 18:42

    I bought some seals for my RC30 for about $18 off Ali-Express (which should be the same as yours,) but as our postal system up here in Canada was on strike, I'm still waiting for them to arrive (since mid Nov.) I'm at work now, and can't find the page I got them from, but when I get home I'll update this reply with a link. Here's another option to consider.... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007995710213.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.11.31c841dfpQete4&algo_pvid=cf36c81c-7e2b-4347-bc7d-1414a968145e&algo_exp_id=cf36c81c-7e2b-4347-bc7d-1414a968145e-5&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21CAD%21109.36%2154.68%21%21%2174.28%2137.14%21%402101ea7117359470885952886e9c7d%2112000043197584706%21sea%21CA%210%21ABX&curPageLogUid=c9bAWnVkFYNs&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch%7Cquery_from%3A#nav-description

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-01-03 18:59

    If the plungers are 10mm ill get you the part number for the seals

  4. #4OMF2025-01-04 02:07

    here's that other option.....scroll for the seals I went with the viton ones https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006849352062.html?gps-id=pcStoreJustForYou&scm=1007.23125.137358.0&scm_id=1007.23125.137358.0&scm-url=1007.23125.137358.0&pvid=6ab8ee17-8f12-40d9-8890-3732dbb709d7&_t=gps-id:pcStoreJustForYou,scm-url:1007.23125.137358.0,pvid:6ab8ee17-8f12-40d9-8890-3732dbb709d7,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238112%231997&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21CAD%2120.39%2120.39%21%21%2113.85%2113.85%21%402101ec1a17359741838626112e05fe%2112000038508636208%21rec%21CA%214403443017%21X&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.smartJustForYou_6001003380290.1005006849352062

  5. #5Tyler d4c2025-01-04 05:21

    There availbe at your local cat dealer 094-0876

  6. #6Andy FitzGibbon2025-01-04 09:42

    Thanks for the advice, guys. I hadn't thought about looking at Cat parts drawings. Once the snow stops dumping here (I plow with the ASV) I'll be able to tear into it. The loader hydraulics are a little funky in the machine, but I'll start a separate thread for that. Thanks again, Andy

  7. #7OMF2025-01-04 15:12

    TYLER D4C That's great you supplied that part number, thanks. To help complete this thread, do you have the Cat part number for the outside O-ring as well?

  8. #8Tyler d4c2025-01-04 19:05

    No i dont ive always just reused the ones on them