I am looking for Manufactures of Pins and Bushings used for the linkages on heavy equipment. Most manufactures do not make and heat treat the pins and bushings the use in their manufacturing process. My understanding is that pins and bushings are made in standard sizes and supplied to the manufacturers as needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob
I'm not sure what you have available there as an alternative to OEM pins and bearings. What I can tell you is there is not really any such thing as a standard size. Most of the equipment makers have their own set of tolerances. A 210mm Liebherr bearing for instance will have a OD of 210.08. An Hitachi bearing of 210 will measure 210.35. Over 10 thou difference. Likewise with pins. Some Cat pins are right on size. Others are commonly 6 or 8 thou down on size. Komatsu pins are usually 0.1mm down on size and a lot of the Korean gear is different again. I'm line boring an old Cat 930 at present. Most of the bearings are on size and you machine the bore undersize. Some D10T blade arms I bored last week had bearings 6 thou up on size. Bore the hole on size for 6 thou crush. It would be nice if a 3 inch pin was 3 inch but everyone has their own idea what 3 inch is
My question was aimed at the sub assemble manufactures. As an example, I own 3 Dynahoe backhoe/loaders, parts are available through MinPar, the pins & bushings are not made by MinPar and they are not NOS, they are made by someone and marketed by MinPar. I am trying to find who that might be. Thanks, Bob
There are hundreds of manufacturers that make pins and bushings, but as a rule they don't sell from a catalog, rather produce job lots or production runs from the customer's prints. That's been my experience anyway.
A catalog would be nice as I end up using hitachi bushes in over bored Volvo loaders .
Could you name some of those manufacturers, pretty please...
A "Job shop".... Cat, Hitachi, whatever O.E.M. makes a drawing, sourcing sends it out for bids. What exactly would you like ? This is near my experience, I have contacts around, could get you some made.
That would be VERY helpful, thanks.