Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin/Bush grease interval

Justin Payne · 2018-05-08 04:12

How often do you guys grease all your grease fittings? I try to do mine every 10 running hours, but sometimes I forget. I try to put the boom, stick and bucket in different positions when greasing in case this helps in getting out old hardened grease/ get the grease to go different ways..

Replies5
  1. #1OTG AuGres2018-05-08 05:21

    I’m at about the same. Don’t use mine professionally, so sometimes it’s an hour here, an hour there, but I try to grease every 10 hours or so, and check fluids and track tension at the same time.

  2. #2Extra Fubar2018-05-08 08:20

    New owner here, first timer and about 10 hours on the Cat 305C. It was greased before I got it but I plan to grease it often too. Any recommendation for a good grease gun? Also, any recommendation for grease? I would like to purchase things from Amazon if possible, as I don't want to spend 2 hours to go to the Cat dealer just for some basic stuff. Thanks!

  3. #3Twisted2018-05-08 09:43

    Usually once a day unless I'm under water or other contaminants are present. I switched to Gadus V460D grease and noticed it sticks to the pins and bushings way longer.

  4. #4OTG AuGres2018-05-08 12:25

    Dewalt 20v cordless. You’ll thank yourself once you use it.

  5. #50072018-05-08 20:40

    I found i was over greasing mine and now grease the places i think on a work basis. If your job has you mainly stationary just bulking out material i will grease from the king pin out every one to two days. If you are in rock and shale it will be every day. I figure all around the blade is not doing much and might hit them every few weeks. Finding a good grease and good grease coupler will help allot. If the joint is full of water or really gritty i will pump until new grease comes from both sides but if working in fairly clean conditions i will pump till i just see a little grease movement. If your machine is tight it will retain grease better, but if the joints are worn and bashing around you will have to grease more. If my machine is just moving around just lifting things and so on i might grease every couple of weeks.