Pioneering a 100' cut in Northern Arizona on a 275 Komatsu dozer. www.terrasmooth.com
yowza
I wouldn't want to be on one of those motorcycles with you up there rolling rocks downhill. Be kinda like playing the video game Frogger...with a little aerial surprise. What does a 275 Komatsu compare to, about a D9?
Took the word right out of my mouth d9, those orange cones don't look like much of a barrier against falling rocks!
We did stop traffic while I was working... there were a lot of rocks that made it into the travel lanes, which a loader would clean off. The 275 weighs about as much as a D-10, the gearing seemed the same; I thought the horsepower was more llike a D-9... it was a good dozer but the blade seemed extra heavy.
Yeah, I kinda figured AZDOT would have you stop traffic. Never been around the bigger Komatsu's. I was thinking the 355 or 375 competed with the D10's. Haven't heard too much of a 275, if any.
If my memory serves me correct; I was recalling the last two numbers referenced metric tons on Komatsu equipment.
hard to beat a day of pioneering road on a big cat.
True story, I had to gently move some surface boulders that were bigger than the dozer blade to get the slope started, the rest was rippable granite.I had the grade setter set some stakes at the Catch Point of the 1:1 slope, then he went to another job. I checked it a little my my eye level and a tape; and just eyballing. If I had a fat spot I would climb back up and catch it with my corner bit; and then sometimes take a wild sliding ride down. This kind of work definitly keeps you focused... the day flies by and you don't think about any of lifes problems. You are too high up for anybody to walk up and talk to you also... just you, the machine and your mission... good days indeed!
those jobs where no one can get to you are the best, nothing better than being left alone all day.
Thats the way it should be, something strangely peaceful about it huh