The undercarriage on my BD2F has been replaced with new sprockets, rollers, rails and pads. When operating the tractor occasionally there is a popping sound coming from the undercarriage. I can hear it from both sides but it happens more ofter on the right side. I cannot see anything wrong however I am far from an expert. Any ideas concerning my problem? Thanks for any help.
Hey Frank, Do you have any pictures of the tracks and u/c? does it look like your tracks are getting tight and then suddenly releasing when you hear the noise?
Frank, Are your Idlers worn enough to be displacinging track chain ? Check guide flanges & centre shaft area ... BTW,is the dozer fitted with rock guards?
Thanks for the suggestions. The farm is 90 milrs away and I will be not be there for 2 weeks. I will check the idlers since they were not replaced. It has rock guards and I haven't noticed the track tightening. I keep the track slack (top roller-idler) about 1 3/4 inch. The land is extremely rocky and steep.