Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pipeline companies

ohfd281 ยท 2009-08-28 15:06

I'm trying to come up with a list of pipeline companies that might be doing some hiring. If you could post the names of some companies that would be great. Seems when you google pipeline companies only a select few come up! Thanks for your time! :usa

Replies11
  1. #1roddyo2009-08-28 16:43

    US, Welded and Precision are a few that comes to mind. There's also Sheehan, H. C. Price, Henkels and McCoy, Price Gregory, R. L. Coolseat, H. L. Chapman, Micheal's and Otis Eastern. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Mainline Pipeline Contractors is a pretty exclusive club. Theres a lot of difference in laying 5 miles of 4 inch and bending on a shoe and Laying 150 miles of 42 inch. It's also not counting the non union and regional outfits. An example here in Arkansas is, Stand Pipeline. "I know I spelled it wrong." They got a few Sidebooms, Used to be a 572 was the biggest. Don't know how far they travel but you used to see them around here doing some Station work and the likes. What exactely are you looking for?

  2. #2ohfd2812009-08-29 11:17

    Thanks for the reply. I think right now i'm looking for non-union companies that may be hiring. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door somewhere. Thanks for the leads so far, I will be contacting a couple of them. If you or anyone else can think of some more just send the names my way!

  3. #3Turbo218352009-08-29 11:40

    Well, if your looking to go pipelining, you may want to consider getting a TWIC card. It will make you more employable to these pipeline companies. To work pipeline, you have to have a Transportation Workers Identification Card. Somehow they consider it a "transportation job" much like a tugboat captain. If you are able run equipment, and have a TWIC card in hand, they may be more likely to give you a shot.

  4. #4ohfd2812009-08-29 15:28

    Thanks for the heads up on the TWIC card. What all can you tell me about it? I'll be checking into it!

  5. #5Txdrt2009-09-11 16:59

    TWIC.com, has all the info. you need. Make an appointment online and it won't take more than 20 mins. I just did it, and those without appointments had been waiting for 1 hr or more.

  6. #6youngoperator2009-09-11 17:24

    well in canada there a few pipeline compays i know of Robert.B.somerville, Banister, louisbury( think thats how it spelt) alot of the work is in alberta, sask, and abit of manitoba.

  7. #7Panhandler Bob2009-09-12 08:43

    Fee is $132.50, anything with the gov't involed a'int cheap!:drinkup,Bob

  8. #8alias22011-12-04 15:58

    I'm new this forum. Can someone tell me the sub forum this thread is under because I have some pipeline questions as well. Thanks in advance.

  9. #9Mark Boyd2015-10-06 03:27

    TWIC.com Says this domain is for sale, can anyone direct me to the web page that has the info for the TWIC card. Thanks

  10. #10The Peej2015-10-06 09:09

    https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic

  11. #11RBMcCloskey2015-10-06 17:46

    Michels Corporation Brownsville, Wi. www.Michels.us Great Company, Family run by the Michels.