Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pipeline in southeastern Ohio

bigcatpip ยท 2009-07-27 09:08

here are some pic of a pipeline that is going on in ohio right now. it is south of Interstate 70 around Zaneville Ohio

Replies42
  1. #1bigcatpip2009-07-27 09:18

    stop and talk to the fuel man and he said that there is over 80 pieces of iron in a 10 mile section. word is they are trying to make it thru ohio in less then a year.

  2. #2bigcatpip2009-07-27 09:22

    anybody ever use or work around this beast? How does it work? and what is it used for?

  3. #3bigcatpip2009-07-27 09:29

    from what I saw they had 3 new JD 450 leading the way , the last pic look at the stick you can see where they painted line that show they how deep to go, 3 line that had 10 11 and 12.

  4. #4JimBruce422009-07-27 11:27

    sweet pics bigcat. I've seen info on those moblie screens before, from what I've heard they are used to screen out big rocks and back fill the pipe at the same time with the fine material.

  5. #5micah2009-07-27 12:26

    i live a bout 1 mile or so from where they are putting in the line and it looks like they are getting with it, 7 days a week rain or shine lol

  6. #6dirt digger2009-07-27 15:25

    awesome pics...i didn't think Henkels did work that big

  7. #7bigcatpip2009-07-27 15:28

    you should take a ride on your 4 wheeler and take some new pic.

  8. #8EZ TRBO2009-07-28 19:38

    Awesome pics, somthing bout a pipeline crew is amazing. Yes Micah get some more pics please. Trbo

  9. #99420pullpan2009-07-28 20:29

    nice snap shots, keep them coming

  10. #10bigcatpip2009-07-28 21:14

    I think that CAT's biggest pipelayer that they make.

  11. #11928G Boy2009-07-28 21:23

    now thats how you lay pipe

  12. #12oriden2009-07-28 23:45

    wow now only if we could get that goingup here :O

  13. #13rino14942009-07-29 06:46

    My buddy is a union mechanic and he was on 2 of Henkel's pipeline jobs last year. They did one is Dallas, PA and Berwick, PA. He said that their pipeline division is out of LA if I remember correctly. 2 yrs ago they spent $24 million on equipment.

  14. #14390eric2009-07-29 11:38

    Man i was just out that way a couple weeks ago, all I saw was some of those pipelayers being hauled down 70. Wish I could have seen the work. Those big deeres are sweet looking machines

  15. #15roddyo2009-07-29 16:37

    A Padder It looks like a Padder. The first dirt to go into the Ditch gets run through the Padder. That's to made sure no rocks ding the coating on the Pipe. If there is very much rock the pipe is set on sand bags on the bottom of the ditch also. Gots to be Pretty Anal about that Coating in the Pipeline Business. lol I don't know how it is now but Sand Bags used to be Cost Plus BTW. The Pipline Companies wanted to make sure they was in there. Counting Sandbags=Lots of Fun.

  16. #16bigcatpip2009-07-29 19:58

    thanks roddyo, In one of my pic if you look close you can see 4x4 space every 30ft or so it that what they place the pipe on to get welded? before it moves into the hole?

  17. #17gasfield315c2009-07-29 20:20

    good looking equipment...nice to see some big iron like that being bought locally, i saw the leslie equipment stickers on the deere's thats our deere dealer down here, who are they doing the work for??

  18. #18bigcatpip2009-07-29 21:15

    Henkels and McCory

  19. #19D1552009-07-30 18:29

    Wrinkle and Destroy

  20. #20bigcatpip2009-07-30 21:34

    wow even up in Binghamton NY you guys know there nickname

  21. #21rino14942009-07-31 06:07

    I forgot, they are currently working in Berwick, PA finishing up the rest of the pipeline.

  22. #22JimBruce422009-07-31 11:18

    Where at in Berwick?

  23. #23D1552009-07-31 18:40

    bigcat....I worked out of 542 Wilkes-Barre...yeah, I know them

  24. #24Dozerboy2009-07-31 18:44

    That would be cool to work on a pipe line for a little while at least.

  25. #25D5G2009-07-31 19:39

    I think I heard this is a cross country job, but I could be wrong. Great pics, got any more?

  26. #26rino14942009-07-31 22:14

    It is actually just outside of Berwick in Beach Haven. They are working right off of Rt. 11 near Spencers junk yard.

  27. #27rino14942009-07-31 22:16

    I live in Dallas, so we prolly know alot of the same ppl. :drinkup

  28. #28trainwreck2009-08-02 22:10

    http://www.worldwidemachinery.com/Documents/PDFBrochures/SPD-450.pdf here is some info on the thing that you dont know what it is.

  29. #29dirt digger2009-08-09 18:41

    here you go Pip buddy....I believe this is the same job...right in our own backyard over there on Rt. 100 near the Mall and Target

  30. #30dirt digger2009-08-09 18:44

    This was all residentual area so it was pretty wall fenced off so i couldn't drive the line...it crosses over Swedesford road in East Whiteland township and continues up into farm fields I was going to drive the pipeline into the fields but it hadn't really been dug a whole lot yet and I just wash and waxed my truck...lucky i didn't try 5 minutes after I decided not to the skys opened up..I would have got stuck

  31. #31dirt digger2009-08-09 18:46

    they had a lot of equipment in a very small stretch of the pipeline...it looked like they were only working on about 3/4 a mile of it at the time...everything behind had been final graded and seeded and everything in front just had the mats down..no digging

  32. #32JimBruce422009-08-09 20:36

    Man I was all but up that way Saturday morning for breakfast and completely missed it. Nice pics Bryan, keep them coming.

  33. #33bigcatpip2009-08-09 21:56

    hey dirtdigger nice pic.

  34. #34dirt digger2009-08-09 21:58

    yup it crosses under Rt. 100 right there at Target and goes up behind target and on the other side back into the housing developments...its working its way towards East Whiteland and away from Exton...I'll have to get out there next weekend..i'm sure they will be tearing into the cornfields by then, maybe I can get a little mud on my tires

  35. #35bigcatpip2009-08-09 22:01

    yeah but the job I took pic of was in ohio not pa

  36. #36RonG2009-08-10 03:23

    I wonder how they keep that pipe from floating in the event of heavy rain?It doesn't look like anybody is around and there is a lot of exposed pipe in that trench.Ron G

  37. #37Pecord Exc2009-08-10 14:29

    I was told it was crinkle and destroy! A lineworker for wisconsin told me that... that is how far their reputation has spread

  38. #38JDMGrading2009-08-10 21:41

    Man that sure is a purdy Dodge Cummapart.

  39. #39dirt digger2009-08-11 07:42

    hey now...watch what you say about my girlfriend haha

  40. #40Case 580e2009-08-11 08:30

    hankels and mecoy rent a yard from my cousin man they got some big stuff and alot of it

  41. #41Machine head2009-08-11 08:50

    Hello there Dirt digger i am wondering what material is that exsposed pipe made out of in pic #31, i seem to think it is fiberglass correct me if i am wrong. thanks

  42. #42dirt digger2009-08-11 10:05

    its a coated steel pipe...same pipe as used in another pipeline job i came across..only this pipe is 36" it looked like... the stuff in the following picture was only 24" if i remember correctly you can also see in these pictures the pipe is wrapped in concrete to keep it from floating in the wetland swamps