I thought maybe I would start a thread with some pics from work. So here is a few from today. 1 A crane from the bridge builder and some 631's a few 621's and D10's in the back round. 2 A couple 631's, D10, D6T with GPS, D9R and 824's 3 A 16 grader and a lot of 631's 4 Two D10's and a D9R all ripping a rock seam in the borrow pit. (with the fuel truck waiting )
Great pics, what all does the job entail? Keep the pics commin!
Hey EGS, welcome to HEF. Where bouts in wisco are you located, SW part here. Is that Mashuda's equipment? Thanks for sharing. Trbo
The job is in Stevens Point, WI. It is a four lane by-pass. I think there is 13 bridges and 3.8 million yards for us to move. We are not doing the bridges Lunda is doing them for us. I will try to get some pics of the equipment moving during the day, but I am usually busy.
Were you working on the Hwy 78 reconstruction last year just north of Blanchardville? I've got some pics from when the machines were brought in and only made it up there a few times after you guys started. Lunda does an awesome job, as I've been around for much of their work in SW wisconsin. Thanks again for sharing. Trbo
Trbo- no I never made it down it Blanchardville last year, it was a pretty small job. They only had two 385's and a few 631's there. I think they ripped down some pretty good slopes when they where there, that is always neat to see.
Here is some more pics of some of our equipment. It is on a different job then the one I have been on lately. One of these days I will get some pics of this equipment moving. I swear it does move. #1) A pic of a borrow pit we are doing. You can see the equipment and the fill in the background. #2) Another pic of the same pit. You can see Lunda's crane the in the background too. #3) A bad pic, but a 80' fill #4) Two new D6T's, our new 16M and rental 385C (The one that is on this job broke the swing apart for the third time. They had to spilt it again. #5)A better shot of the 16M with a new D6T and a 330D in the background.
Here is some more off the same job. #1)One of our new D8T's and one of our D9R push cats
The Baraboo Steam and Gas show We went up to the steam and gas show today. I got a few good pics. #1)A few Deere's. I love the old Deere's! #2)Three old well drilling rigs. They were running all there of them. I thought that was neat. #3)A bunch of old steam tractors. Mostly all Oil-pulls #4)A very big sawmill. The drive wheels were 7', they said it was made in 1848.
I forgot to say that the 830 John Deere in the end of the line in pic 3 was painted by a good friend of mine.
A few more pics from the same show. #1) A "Quick-Away" truck mounted shovel. A friend of a friend owns this rig. He restored this thing down to the last nut bolt and it is VERY nice! The truck is a 1944 mil-surplus and the shovel is a 1947. Pics do not do this thing justice. #2) A Allis grader, Cat 50 deisel. Both very nice. The truck, cat and grader are all owned by the same guy. #3) A Oliver track loader, also very nice. #4) Then we took the ferry on the way home. The only free ferry in the midwest.
I also forgot to say that the Quick-way has a Farmall H motor in it. You just got to love the old stuff!
egs, are you going to be at the edgerton show labor day weekend?
qball-yes I always go to the Rock River show in Edgerton, it is a nice show. Are you going?
yep, see you there. i will be the big bald guy with a 150 shirt on:drinkup:drinkup
I finally got some pics of our equipment moving. These pics are all from the same job that I have been on for the last six weeks. #1)A pic off of my 385 looking down on a borrow pond that I dug out. (rock anyone?) Lunda's crane in the distance and you can see some of our 631G's and D6R top-soiling. #2)This is looking the other way, it is the same field that is in pic #4 in post #1 now it is all done. You can see the bridge that Lunda has been working is the same one in pic#1 in post #1. #3)One of the pipe crews working a 740 and one of our new 345D's. (Looks like the labors are working hard )
Nice photos, got any of your 385?
Yes I will Jim, hopefully I remember on Tues. You can see it in the background in one of the first pics I put up. It isn't anything special.
Sorry Jim I guess the pic is in the new member from Wisconsin thread the first pic it is in the far right. The only problem is it is only a 1/4 mile away.
Rock River steam show Here are some pics from the Rock River Steam Show. It was held on Labor day. #1)An old American pile driver, driven by steam #2)An old Bucyres steam shovel. The same as the ones used in the Panama canal. #3)An over view of the dirt moving area. #4)An old Northwest shovel. It is in great running shape. #5)A Bucyres dragline also in great running shape.
Here is a few more from work. #1) Here is one for you Jimbruce42. My '85 #2) Lunda driving piling. #3) A picture of a D8N and a ejector truck. #4) My truck and a couple of our '85's
Here is a few pics of deer that I have shot. The one on the right is 22 1/2" wide on the inside. The one on the right is 16" wide and the buffalo I shot up in North Dakota in 2006.
Here is a few pics from some things I have had going on lately. 1)Carrying my new Central Boiler stove over to the cement pad that I poured for it. 2)Just about got the stove set. That is me on the left. 3)Got my new deer stand put up last weekend, can't wait for deer season on Saturday.
People down here like the water stoves. Guy's with 3 or 4 girls love them. I was running a backhoe for Johnny's Uncle when he bought his. He said that was the first Hot Shower he had taken in over 15 years. That's a nice looking deer stand EGS. Down here a lot of Ole Boys just build a modified tree house to hunt out of. Course every couple of years someone will get drunk and fall out of one to.
People here really like those stoves, seems like every other house has one now. They tend to burn some wood, but you can turn the heat and hot water up as high as you want. I like the tri-pod deer stands you can move them around as you want. I was going to build a nice permeant stand their but that field is in CRP. Next year it will probably be back in corn so we'll see.
Buckmaster Deer Blind Plans are easy to read. They feature full pictures, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions for every part of the stand. Years of trial and error went into figuring out the most optimal way to build a deer blind. The end result of those efforts is a deer stand that is long-lasting and reliable, easy to build, easy to transport, easily customizable,and affordable. What more can you ask for in a deer stand? Please have a look : deer stand plans
Deer Guide We might have to get this guy to help you kill a deer. Down here we start them young.
I could definitely use his help. :notworthy
I haven't seen any deer pictures EGS.:beatsme My little Buddy got another one this morning. This isn't looking good, you getting showed up by a First Grader.
Couple years ago, I killed as many as anyone at work and I wasn't even looking. Hit it with the truck. Sorry animal didn't have a lick of insurance and his accomplice ran into the woods. You have to understand that 3/4 of the guys at work eat, sleep, and breath deer hunting. A fact not lost on me when they tell me about the whole weekend they spent looking for bambi. Just keep driving around I say.
EGS you got some pretty nice pictures there. Keep-em coming
Thank you Tim. I think that the pics will slow down a little bit, we got laid off for the winter.
Lucky for you that new Pipeline Spread is looking for hands.
That one up in Minnesota?
ROTFLMFAO:notworthy Honestly, that's not the one I had in mind.
Deer hunting has been over up here for a while now, and NO deer for me. The first time that has ever happened to me since I started hunting.:Banghead
I got not a bad one. He was an oldie only will scorr about 135 but really cool looking. I will try to get a picture if you dont mind them posted on your thread
Not at all. I love seeing pics of great deer, not those little Bambies they shoot down in Arkansas.:notworthy
I will get some posted soon
Snowplowing! Here are some pictures from plowing last night. I have a hard time getting pics in the dark.:Banghead 1)This is a terrible picture, but all of the lights is our equipment(we have lots of stuff ) 2)One of our 544G's it has the same plow set-up as mine. 3)One of our salt trucks. Hard to tell but they are set up very nice. The trucks all have V-box salters and blizzard plows on the front. With auto trannys those trucks make a sweet rig for salting and plowing.
EGS, I just found this thread, great shots of the old iron shows. I've heard about Baraboo, never been there yet. Linda and I were visiting Shell at the right time in '04 and made it down to Edgerton for the Thresheree. That pile driver has quite the history. I was impressed at the oak trees they were planting, upside down, around it. Sounds a lot like a diesel hammer without the soot. inside the track drives on that Panama Canal shovel are universal joints that are pretty much identical to the tripot joints at the inner end of GM 4x4 front axles. Not a whole lot really "new" if you look back sometimes.
This is how we do it in Akransas. Stand back and get ready to be schooled in Snow Removal. This is who those Crooks handling Wal Mart this year come up with during the first snow.
I think they need a bigger tractor and a plow too.:lmao
EGS I ses you plow for Uphoff. Is that East Towne your plowing at? I work as a project manager for Homburg. I plow on the crew at the American Family headquarters.
Michael I take it you are related to Harold? How has Fuzzy been treating you. You guys got much work for the coming year?
No relation! Fuzzy is great as always . Lots of work availible to bid, just have to pick some up! Wouldn't mind a bit more plowing this winter... Jan was slow!
Didn't mean to disrespect you by calling you related to Harold. I just thought that Harold had a grand son named Michael. I don't mind the plowing in till I have to get up at 1 am.
you guys have some nice equipment
I just got back from Arizona here are some pictures from there. A few pictures of a open pit copper mine. Pictures just don't do this place justice. This mine was just HUGE!
Great pics! Is that Morenci? What are you doing down here anyway? Edit: What were you doing down here anyway?
Those are 797s aren't they. I bet posting your pics on this thread would be much appreciated by many members:
I thought they looked like Cat's too, but they had some signs that said those trucks where Komatsu
Here is some more of a different mine. Like I said pictures just don't do these mines justice. They are just unbelievable.
Looks abandoned. But what is the black at the bottom?
No it is not Morenci. I was down there for some vacation, I good friend of mine has a big horse ranch there. I always wanted to go to a Brewers spring training game too. We did a little traveling and came across these mines. Sure was neat to see.
It was abandoned, for quite awhile it seemed. That is water at the bottom.
Here is a few more. 1) A shovel sitting not sure what size it was maybe a P&H 4100? 2) A bucket and tire sitting on display, sure give you an idea how big this stuff is. 3,4) A 769 sitting in a bigger haul truck box.
That's a great perspective shot, haha. They sure have gotten bigger. Are you back to work yet EGS?
No not yet another week or two.
Where was it Evan? Kinda looks like Morenci, maybe Sierrita? Any way, Morenci has run Komatsu 930E's in the past when those trucks were a real hot item. I also know they ran 797 Cat's there. Last I heard the production was all 793B's, C's, and D's. I'd heard that the 797's couldn't handle the long steep grade's at Morenci. I think those trucks were designed with the oil sands and coal operations in mind. Mining in the Southwest is a big deal, I highly recommend a drive through Morenci AZ. The whole town is a mine, it's everywhere, heck a state highway runs under one of there crush and convey operations. Very worthwhile if you get a chance. Sorry I missed you on this side of the world Evan, maybe next time if you have time we'll run you through our little mine.
The pictures in post #49 were at Ray' Mine between Kelvin and Superior. The pictures in post #53 were at Lavendar Mine just outside of Bisbee. Bisbee has to be one of the neatest towns I have ever seen. I was going to come over your way and get a tour at your mine. But the trip got cut short by a day. Don't worry a friend of mine has a horse ranch down that way, so I will be back someday.
Alright Eric what the heck is this? It is in the Town of Hayden they said something about a smelter. I did not see a mine but this is one HUGE stock pile. This stock pile is a lot bigger then it looks.
Haha, I thought the same thing One of our guys here was up in Morenci last year- I've seen photos and heard amazing things. I'm pretty sure we're going to be taking a tour in the next couple months. I can't wait! Do you work for FMI Eric?
Yes I do work for FMI. Those huge stockpiles are called "Tailing Dam's" That's what is left over after the smelting process. That powdery dirt is pumped up on those dam's in liquid form in small lifts. I never worked in a smelter, I was always lucky enough to avoid that place and work in the mine. Our smelter was demo'd a few years back. Now everything is leached.
Clearing and Grubbing! Got to love the clearing work.
Back in the seat I see. Congrats! :thumbsup
More fun in the marsh.
EGS Where you working at? We moved up into the big iron this year.... Bought both of H. James 375s' !!!!
Another one of what that marsh looks like and one of our equipment working.
I heard that Harold bought James's 375's for stripping his pits. I am kind of surprised he didn't go buy some new ones. I seen those 375's last year and they looked real nice for their age. We are working in Jefferson, Junction City, Hudson, Portage, and Lake Delton. How are you guys doing for work?
Great shots EGS.....
We went on a tractor ride today, here are a few pics.
Was that the cow 97 tractor ride on brice praire
No, it was down in Utica.
A few from a pond I am digging. The T800 in pic #2 is driven by a friend of mine and is a very clean, sweet dump truck.
What project are you on now?
The hwy. 10 corridor. The pond is getting dug for the select sand and is getting trucked to the grade for a sand lift.
Is there any one hiring? I just got my 139 Paper work to get into the apprenticeship. I have hit quite a few places in madison and milwaukee. I am thinking of going north this week any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
I thought I would put up some pictures of our snow removal equipment.
no shortage of plows up there. have you guys been using them? it just started to snow here.
We have plow set-ups for all of our tractors and loaders. We have been using them plenty, especially last week.
Here is a few more. #1 is one of the sidewalk machine. #2 the loader I sometimes run. #3 a new loader for loading salt.
You sure have some great looking equipment to work with. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
X2 I sure could of used something like that little Deere when I lived up north.
Who do you work for, michels?
No, Michels doesn't have any scrapers nor do they do any grading. Thank God.
? :stirthepot:stirthepot:stirthepot can we some iron in action? please??? :usa:usa :tong:tong
new holland?/ i am not one to be picky but the new hooland has been making me a bit ill. :throwup:throwup:throwup :usa:usa:usa :tong:tong :shf
I have been trying to. It has been really hard. All you see is lights at night by the time daylight comes round I am usually tired and in a bad mood.
I thought the same thing when he brought it home. But all we use it for is loading salt trucks. It is made by the same company as our new Case 321D. They both seem like nice machines to run. I don't like them as much as our Deere's, but then again I don't write the checks.
We just rented the NH loader it was a little 170B. It had 400hrs the AC didn't work and the seat broke on me and I only weight 145lbs. Its wasn't a POS, but it sure ain't no Deere or Cat.
new hollands i must say i am jaded with the new hollands. i had a pair of nh lx885's and boy did they take alot of work. the newer one we could never get a bug out of it in the electrical system. it would shut down. then you do the key, seat belt trick and it would run for awhile. finally i sold em both- only two machines i ever got rid of.
I agree about the New Holland's. That loader should get by just fine. All it has to do is load our salt trucks.
do you guy's run a mix of chips and salt? down here it is called ice slicer.
Our salt is crystalized. It looks just like the water softer salt you buy in bags. I'll try to get some pics. The last couple times we salted I left the house in a hurry and forget my phone.
A few pics from work. 1) A pic of a '25 Spoker D with electric start. 2)We were doing some guide wall removal with the drillers working the background. 3)They were backfilling one of the tunnels and I snapped a pic as I tracked by. 4,5) You got to like working right next to freeway traffic.
finally nice to see a few fotos egs. how is the new job going? regards, cd
Nice pics EGS. What is that tunnel for?
They are for traffic. There will be four tunnels altogether the surface bridges are getting razed. The drilling crew is drilling caissons for the walls. I think I'm going to be digging out one of the tunnels soon.
Is that 330 the one you are running (I'm gonna guess not, cause I don't see a quick coupler in the "in cab shots" but I may be wrong)?
No, I have a 345. They hauled in a brand new 345D for me but they hauled it back out. I think they took it back to the shop to install the GPS and back-up camera. I have a 345C now. That 330 has a hammer that we were using to break up the guide wall. He just happened to have the bucket on when I took the pic.
Awesome, you guys using trimble or topcon GPS? Looking forward to photos of it when they send it back:usa
They have trimble. Topcon is somewhat rare in this state, you don't see many contractors running it. I will get some pics of it, if I get it back.
345d I heard they are sending it out to a site building windmill pads.
Yeah, same here... we use trimble too.
One of my friends from work gave me these to put up. Sounds like they had to grade 2' between the curb and pavement. Not something that you see everyday.
First couple are from the local truck pull. That truck is the Cummins Killer (I just love that name!) That truck is the wildest thing I have ever seen. Last couple are from work, pretty steep slope he is working on.
So, why are you digging a big hole where a road used to be?
Its almost as though his dozer upgraded itself from a N to a K series mid push! Am I wrong or are those 2 different dozers? Hows the 345D working for you?
So much for the high tracks being top heavy.The dozer looks comfortable working there. The smallest high track that I have run is a D5 but it was not skittish a bit on a side slope.Ron G
That is a D5K and a D6N. That slope is a lot steeper then it looks. I don't think that just anybody should be working on something like that.
That's a steep slope. Working all day on a slope like that and you need to bring a pillow or some foam padding with you, you left arse cheek will thank you for it.
He didn't have to spend much time up there, he was just fixing where the night crew bombed it out. The same guy is in the dozer and grader, he has been looking at the forum. I have been trying to get him to join up.
Even if that slope is a 1 1/2 to 1 that N lgp should have no problem on it as long as the dirt is dry. My 8 has no problem on a 2 to 1 as long as its dry, but it has wider tracks.
Kind of like this. That is a terrible pic but that is 8 on a 2/1. What size pads does your 8 have on it?
I think 28 but they may be a little wider. I get some pictures later of the 8 on the slope
It's Caterpillar's new Automatic Update program.
going from an N to a K is a huge down grade if you ask me!!! I ran a 6k the other day and if you dumped a loaded wheel barrel in front of it, it struggle to push the whole pile!
RonG, Your right there. It wasn't tippy, just wanted to slide down the slope. Had to take small cuts to get what I wanted. Don't get me wrong though, it did have a bit of pucker factor! Steve K
vapor how'd you like to be running a 5K cleaning up behind 3-345's digging together. Just to clear it up for you guys. Steve K is the same guy that is running dozer and grader in those pics.
If you keep your blade low the material will roll down hill just outside your lower track and keeps it from sliding,it is amazing what you can do with the right dozer. Try that with an old TD-8 and you will appreciate what you have there.I have always considered the John Deeres the nicest to run on a side hill like that but what you have there is hard to beat.You do get a cheek rash after a while.Ron G
Evan, Thanks for clearing theat up! Yes I am the guy in EGS's last few posts and am a brand new member on this forum. RonG as far as that slope, it wasn't too bad to handle as I had a good hoe-man leaving little for me to do (egs) which makes my job much easier!
That will get you some points Steve....LOL.Ron G
You guys should listen to this guy he really seems to know what he is talking about.
how about a few pics from cheese country?
These are the only fresh pics I have.
so, i am sure the new hoe is yours eh? lot's of material. we don't have dump trucks like that down here. it is either a 10 wheeler or an 18 wheeler. do you guys have a dump site on that job or is it all export? the material looks to be going straight into trucks which limits the amount of time you have to handle it. regards, cd:usa
Good looking old Johnny popper. Nice to see them being used, not just sitting for show! Lots of trucks up there have multiple axles, a few look like they are all wheels, to me.
Most companies up here run tri's or quads ( two drives and two pushers) bt occasionally you'll see some end dumps
Quads, two drives and two pushers are pretty much the name of the game around here. I am in the 345 on the left. We have dump sites all over the place. They try to keep the hauls as short as possible. Some of the material is also staying on site for fills.
I figured I better put up a pic before Colorado Digger gets after me. A pic with push-cats and scrapers this ought to start world war 3. The first question is going to be "why are they pushing up hill?"
push cats are you sure that we are ready for the conflict and bickering over scrapers and push cats. i am now sure it will never end:tong
Those are some great pictures! That's a serious cut those two hoes and dozer are working. What's the reason for such the large change in elevation?
I for one am happy to see scrapers and push cats! I see hoes and trucks every day. What I wouldn't give to be on a good scraper show about now.....
You want to see some scraper pics Jason, well here you go.
wow id hate to see what happen if that scraper caught a good size rock with that much hp behind it! LOL
Whats up?? Working to hard to post some pics for us?